Home Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I'm confused

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

My name is Greg and I'm 14.

I think I might be gay but I really don't know. A lot of my friends have started to be interested in girls and I'm not interested in them at all and am having feelings about boys. I find it really scary and don't know what to do.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dibs03 wrote: »
    Hi,

My name is Greg and I'm 14.

I think I might be gay but I really don't know. A lot of my friends have started to be interested in girls and I'm not interested in them at all and am having feelings about boys. I find it really scary and don't know what to do.

Hi Greg,

The most important thing to remember is this is a completely normal way to feel and you're not alone.

I'd definitely recommend you going with what you feel and being proud of these feelings, after all they define you as a unique and individual person. When you are surrounded by people that may seem to be more confident in how they feel, it can be hard - but there may be things that they are themselves struggling with understanding, after all, it sometimes takes time to really understand and know what these feelings are.

In all honesty, you don't need to tell anyone yet, neither do you need to be 100% sure; there will always be people who will support you as you go on this journey through life. You're 14 and as you get older, there may be more things that you see/recognise and as you meet more people which will allow you to form a stronger belief in how you understand yourself. There are older people than you who are unsure and it's all about trusting yourself - and being proud and happy. There's always people to speak to and once you look back on this in a few years, you'll be proud of yourself and how you've acted.

Keep talking to different types of people as their experiences can really help you, theres honestly nothing to be scared of!

Best Wishes,

Liam x
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hiya,

My name is Eleanor and I'm also 14. I have the same, but with being bisexual.

Liam has given you some amazing and very correct advice, you don't have to label yourself nor do you have to tell people if you aren't ready to tell them. You can take your time in figuring this out, it doesn't have to be today, or next week, or next year. Take all the time you need to figure out your sexuality.

Take care.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • e.g.vickerse.g.vickers Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    Hey,

My name is Edward, and I'm 16.

You shouldn't feel scared - as being gay isn't something strange or weird. It's perfectly normal. A lot of celebrities are gay, such as Rupert Everett and Charlie Carver.

I am friends with a lot of gay people, and bisexual and transgender people too. If you ever want to speak to someone about feeling gay, then just message me. I am here to help and support you. Just because you are gay, or think that you might be gay, doesn't mean that this is wrong.

PM me if you need someone to speak to

Ed
    :) [h=3][/h]
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Greg I know this thread is a little bit old but I was just wondering if you were feeling any better?

Sexuality takes time to figure out and you can take as long as you want its not a race and whatever the outcome just remember you are not any weirder than any of us, being gay, bi, pan, etc. its all completely normal and won't change anything about you. these feelings can be hard to deal with but it's important you accept yourself, i'm always around if you need to message someone :)
    take care

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld