Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gender Change Information and Advice (hormones, private care)

AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
Hello all,

I am not sure if it is okay to post this here.. so mods please take it down if i am not allowed.
I have been referred to London Gender Clinic, years ago it was Nottingham gender clinic where I waited 9 months to even talk about hormones, sadly at that time it didnt happen. Now, the wait for gender clinic is 18 months for the first initial appointment, and hormones about just over 2 years. I have been getting desperate to feel normal and I know some of you out there are too.

I was looking through search engines and came across a private online transgender gp.. I looked at the fees and even though I am on benefits it is affordable. I have read all of the reviews and stories from people who have been to her, and the best thing its all online. All they require is to do an assessment over the internet, a phone call and blood tests to see if you are fit and healthy to start HRT. I have had my first email back from them and will be speaking to their consultant at some point soon so I can let you all know. They are the stepping stone to the long waits for the gender clinics run by the nhs.

(I am in no means saying to do this, just thought it could be of some help, always think and ask people for advice before making a big step like this)

I will email the mods and ask them if it is okay for me to post the link before I actually post it.

Take care,
Kayden

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Kayden,

Thank you for sharing this and being so thoughtful of others. *hug* More resources and options available is rarely a bad thing.

If you think they're legit, it's okay to share these sorts of things so you're welcome to share the link in this thread if you like. Equally, feel free to PM @The Mix and we can check it out if you're unsure. :)

I hope everything is going well with your transition, and of course feel free to make a thread about it if you like.
    The truth resists simplicity.