Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do I talk myself out of suicide?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been thinking about suicide for a while now and at this point I just want to do it. I actually attempted suicide a few weeks ago but I got caught by someone and they stopped me. I just don't see the point in living. I feel like I've wasted my life up till this point (I'm only 13 but still, 13 years is a lot of time and I've done nothing) and I know that I'm probably not going to do anything important with my life. There just isn't a point anymore. Please help.

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Hey,

Welcome to the community. :wave: It's really brave of you to reach out to us.

Just a quick heads up, the boards aren't the best place to talk about suicidal thoughts in detail. You're welcome to talk about the feelings behind it, but we do need to keep things safe for the community so straying away from anything too heavy or specific is a good idea. If you would like a space to talk more openly about suicide or you find yourself at breaking point, we'd really recommend speaking to Samaritans or Papyrus.

That said, the boards are usually a great place to talk through wider issues you might be having. For example, the feeling about not doing anything important with your life - that's definitely something the community can explore with you. :)

Is there anything specific making you think that, or is it more of a general feeling? Are you in school at the moment?

You're doing really well to post here, let us know how you're getting on. *hug*
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.