Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi I'm 16 years old and I lost my virginity on Thursday with my boyfriend who is older. We didn't use a condom because he said I would like it without. I visited my sexual health clinic and she gave me the pill and also some tablets to prevent HIV I think PEP because she said he is high risk? but I got home and I felt ashamed and dirty so I overdossed on them tablets. My mum found me on my bedroom floor and I spent Friday and Saturday night in hospital on a drip and they couldn't get my bloods for some reason so wanted me to stay in. I haven't moved out of my bed since I got back from hospital yesterday. I just feel kind of numb like I am dead. Just still. I don't feel like I can think about it too much but should I get hold of some more of them PEP tablets and will the nurse trust me with them?

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey Sadiex,

Welcome to the boards :). I'm really sorry to hear what you are going through. This sounds like a really difficult time for you, but you are so brave for opening up here on the boards.

We aren't experts here at The Mix, but it's best to contact your GP or the sexual health clinic you visited to find out if you can be prescribed some more PEP tablets. FBA provide information and support on sexual health - they can be contacted at 0345 122 8687. The NHS also have some more information about PEP tablets that you might find useful to read. Were you able to talk to any of the nurses at hospital about what happened and taking the PEP tablets?

Do keep posting here whenever you need to you we are here for you :)

All the best
    - Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤