Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Just passing my mind

LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
So for me I have my own thoughts of suicide and I also hear voices which are violent ways of suicide, ways that I wouldn't necessary want to go by but my question is do they actually ever go away? Is it that they won't go away until I obey what these voices are wanting me to do? I know they come in waves but the strong wave always keeps coming back intensively and impulsively. I just want them gone forever. Maybe then I can live.

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Steph.
    I know how frustating that can be. I know GPS are really bad but they could refer you to a service to get therapy. Iam having therpay and i think its starting to help so there is hope. And theres always medication that could help.
    I dont really know about hearing vioces but i know that they do go away eventually.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    I'm on medication and waiting for face2face counselling since September
  • NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hi Steph, how are getting on this week? Sorry that you're hearing voices and yes, it can sometimes get pretty frustrating. From personal experience, they do go away and weaken when you realise that they are not true or real thoughts. The mind is strong sometimes, and can lead you to believe things - especially during periods of depression. Finding a hobby or something you enjoy doing to draw attention away from it helps. Even something that can change your emotion like watching a horror movie. Are there any activities you enjoy doing?

If you ever think that you're in danger, please don't hesitate to call your local A&E or Samaritans on 116 123. If it helps to chat, please do reach out on here.

Nikki x
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    I've got a nurse coming to see me in the morning from CAHMS for a chat so I'll update her on the voices and stuff (as I haven't seen anyone for a while as my Care Coordinator is away) and I've got a medication review on the 1st (as I mentioned in another thread about getting meds for flashbacks I will do this then, evan though I will probably mention it tomorrow).

Oh you have heard voices Nikki? I enjoy swimming I really need to start that again soon and I do like movies but I will probably cry evan watching a Horror lol.

Thanks Nikki x