Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Need to talk

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
I am feeling so depressed, My counselling session yesterday was so hard and during it i cried for a full on 10 minutes then i got home and continuously kept kicking my bedroom wall out of anger and frustration at myself - i had to tell my counsellor that last Monday i found myself writing a plan to take my own life and then after 10 minutes i realised what i was doing, ripped up the plan and loads and loads of little pieces and threw it all in the bin. I shocked myself and i cant stop thinking about it.
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    horsemad wrote: »
    hey jess

​massive hugs been sent from me to you :)

​I no its hard but at least you feel able to be open with your counsellor and your doing soo well like really really well. it takes real bravery and courage to share that with him. did it feel any better once you had gotten it of your chest ?? take time out to look after you too , a nice bath or even a hot chocolate and a cosy film or surround your self with friends ,, you will get through this cause your strong

Hello Horsemad,

Thank you for the such kind words :), I am coming to support chat this evening to have a chat about all that's going on but also to use it as a source of escapism; funnily enough i have just made myself a hot chocolate and im planning on watching a film after chat (might watch Elf). Telling my counsellor was one of the hardest things i have ever done, after i told him i was crying for ages and ages. I was basically an emotional mess, i definitely felt a weight lift from my shoulders but at the same time it has made me feel really depressed; i shocked myself, saying what happened out loud makes it even more real i guess.

Thank you *hug*
    Jessica

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Jess! Just to say, I can relate. Something very similar happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I'm SO proud of you for talking about it. Big hugs.
    bkeys000 wrote: »
    Hi Jess! Just to say, I can relate. Something very similar happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I'm SO proud of you for talking about it. Big hugs.

Thank you bkeys000! *hug*

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey Jess,

Really hope you're okay! It sounds like you're having a hard time but well done for talking to a counsellor! We are very proud of you and you should be very proud of yourself! You're very brave!

If you want to ever talk, feel free to talk on here as the forums run 24/7 :) Are you feeling any better since the counselling? Do you think it's helping?

The counsellor is there to talk to and to say exactly how you feel so try not to be mad or frustrated at yourself because how you're feeling isn't your fault and anyone who suffers similarly to you is also not at fault! You are doing your best and we are here to talk whenever you need to!

Drea :heart:

Hey @Jess101 hope you're okay.

Being able to talk about it is a big thing to do and that's what we are here for, to support you in any way that we can *hug*
    Drea wrote: »
    Hey Jess,

Really hope you're okay! It sounds like you're having a hard time but well done for talking to a counsellor! We are very proud of you and you should be very proud of yourself! You're very brave!

If you want to ever talk, feel free to talk on here as the forums run 24/7 :) Are you feeling any better since the counselling? Do you think it's helping?

The counsellor is there to talk to and to say exactly how you feel so try not to be mad or frustrated at yourself because how you're feeling isn't your fault and anyone who suffers similarly to you is also not at fault! You are doing your best and we are here to talk whenever you need to!

Drea :heart:

I cant do this :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::(:(:(:no::no:

- James Arthur (YOU)
    Tasha wrote: »
    Hey @Jess101 hope you're okay.

Being able to talk about it is a big thing to do and that's what we are here for, to support you in any way that we can *hug*

I am feeling like a complete burden at home with my family. Feel like i would be helping them out if i took my own life :(

- James Arthur (YOU)
    As much as it might seem that way to you, know that that isn't true.

Just know that you can always chat to us here on the boards.*hug*
    Tasha wrote: »
    As much as it might seem that way to you, know that that isn't true.

Just know that you can always chat to us here on the boards.*hug*

​Thank you @Tasha - i am off to support chat till 9:30pm then i will be back and will write more.

- James Arthur (YOU)