Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

OCD-PURE O

LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
Has anyone else got OCD "PURE O"?

Had a mental health assesment today from the doctor and a nurse from the home treatment team bearing in mind that I wasent going to see the doctor again from the home treatment team but I phoned them lastnight and I've had the assesment today.

The doctor suggests I have OCD "PURE O" He added Venlafaxine into Themix of meds I take 400mg Quetiapine and 2mg Lorazepam PRN.

I don't know how to feel about this.

When the voices tell me they're here I will go and sit by the door with something in my hands wether that will be a hammer or a blade. I feel like I need to barricade myself in salatope knifes to my door ect ect.

I don't evan know if I should be saying this. I feel like I'll be putting a curse on myself. I'm confused.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi, oh my God yes! I've been suffering with this since I was 8 years old and I know exactly how you feel-there have been times when it's ruined my life. Could you tell me more about your symptoms? Because I'm wondering what else it could also be. Are these actual voices that you can hear-do they sound like someone else's? You're not putting a curse on yourself, you're doing the right thing :) I'm here to help and won't judge x
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Hey

I'm not sure what the symptoms are they wouldn't tell me. What are the symptoms for you? No voices that I hear.
    I'm disappointed and upset😢😢
    Really not feeling it again.
    He keeps telling me they're coming I've been up all night crying and scared working out what it means who are they? Who are coming?
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Hey Steph95, are you feeling any better today?
    You said that someone keeps telling you they're coming. Could you share a bit more information on who is telling you that?

Mind is also a charity that has helped me in the past, you could try contacting them or looking on their website Here. They have a lot of information on mental health and have helped me in the past a few years ago. They also offer crisis support and help lines. Could be worth a look but you don't have to. :)

It might also be useful to take a look at this article, I'm not saying its an illness you have, but it may give you an understanding on what might be happening
    http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/psychosis/psychosis-6636.html
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
    Hey,

It's the type 2 voice "they" he tells me these things with "they" in it. "They’re coming", "they're here", "they know", they everything so my immediate reaction to "they’re coming" or "they're here" is to sit by my door with a knife/hammer/blade (whatever I can get my hands on) working out what it means. Feeling frightened and scared.
    God keeps telling me to save my baby she's on the roof. It is niggling and whispering at me she's on the roof. All day. I don't evan have a baby by the way. Anyone know why god is telling me this?

I really don't get these voices😡
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    I really feel for you Steph, I can only imagine how frightening and confusing the voices must be. :( I guess it's hard for us to answer that question from our position, but hopefully by talking things out you can start to understand things. How are you getting on today? How are the meds working out?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    It's been in my mind all day to phone the police and tell them I killed my baby. God is making me feel so guilty I've been randomly bursting into tears and self harming because of the guilt.

I think the Dr upped the quetiapine too much in one go I was on 200mg and he doubled it. I don't know what the Venlafaxine is meant to do. I really like Lorazepam but the Dr said I can only have 1mg a day now and I was finding it better at 2mg a day with that.

I've been discharged from the home treatment team and got an appointment with the community team on Wednesday who are going to be taking over my care from the home treatment team.
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hey Steph, how are doing today, we're all her to try and support you as best we can, you're doing really well to post here about what's going on. Sorry to hear that you've been feeling so guilty, what was it that happened the other day?

Hope the appointment on Wednesday goes well with the community team, is it something you'd be able to tell the doctor about with your megs that you feel as though it was upped too much in one go and that you don't know what the other medication is supposed to do?

You're welcome to keep posting if here if you feel as though it's helping to :yes: *hug*
    I cried so much lastnight. I wrote a letter to the baby (it was suggested) I don't think I could shred another tear. I was told that there was a baby on the roof, to save her but I didnt so I've had images in my head of a dead baby which is my fault and voices saying I'm a baby killer ect. It's been awful. Crying randomly and self harming because of the guilt. That I killed a baby😢

I think the guilt has eased of slightly today and the voices.

Yeah it's something I will tell the Dr about who ever it is that comes out Wednesday.

Will do😊
    Feel shit. So glad I've got my appointment with CAMHS in the morning
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hey Steph :wave: how did your appointment with CAMHS go yesterday?
    Bit rubbish didn't really understand what they were saying so I don't know what the plan is. Just have to see I guess they will be in touch.
    Still haven't heard from them thought I was going to have weekly visits from CAMHS like I did with the home treatment team. They're so useless😩