Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sexual abuse

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When I was very young I was abused, sexually. Now I'm stuck in a hole and don't know what to do....

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Katee, and welcome to the boards. :wave:

Posting here about what happened is a very brave thing to do, so mad respect for reaching out to us. Coming to terms with this sort of thing can be very very difficult, so I don't think anyone would blame you for feeling like you're stuck in a hole after what happened. Would you be willing to share a bit more about how you're feeling? Have you ever talked to anyone about the sexual abuse?

There are a lot of folks here who have suffered a similar history, so you're certainly not alone in whatever you're going through. Well done, again. *hug*
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    I feel awful. Haven't slept in months, unable to eat anything at all. Just want to crawl up in a corner.
    I have spoken to a very good friend and my work boss as they are all that I trust I can't trust anyone else really.
    I am waiting for counselling (been a six week wait already)
  • Options
    I know waiting for counselling can take a while. Did they tell you roughly how long you'll have to wait? I'm so sorry about everything you've been through, if you need anyone to talk to whilst you're waiting, I'm here! Just let me know x
  • Options
    I was told 6 weeks. It's been about that and still haven't heard anything at all
  • Options
    DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey Katee,

I've just caught up with the thread and it looks like you're struggling :( As Mike said, you should be sooo proud of yourself for going out there and telling people what happened to you both here online and to your work boss! This is a great step to your journey to feeling happy! Counselling really can be a drag especially since so many people seek help. You're not alone with what you're going through, and you deserve to be happy again :) Whilst you're waiting for your counselling to start, it could be a good idea to look at maybe talking to an expert online so they can help you in the meantime! If you're not comfortable with that, that's perfectly understandable and as you said, you're not too sure about trusting anyone else. If however, you would like to speak to someone anonymously, there are some places you can directly contact :)
    Here are some links:

http://rapecrisis.org.uk/centres.php - this organisation allows you to find a services near where you live and provide help over the phone if you're willing to do that!

http://www.supportline.org.uk/ - this website is also helpful for what you're currently going through and this is good if you're possibly not comfortable talking over the phone about the situation currently because they let you e-mail them and they can provide support through this!

I hope your day today was better, and please feel free to reply whenever!

Best wishes,
    Drea :)

• Options
    Thank you. I contacted the people who organise the counselling and now on another waiting list to go somewhere else which is more travelling for me...
    thank you Drea