Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Doing a job i hate!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hate my job, it is getting me down. I spend my time doing something I hate all the time. It stresses me, I dont like some of the people i work with, especially the one who works closest with me, she is a disgusting person.

Even if she was not there, i would hate the job itself. Its Property Management based.

I earn 34k, and i have looked for jobs actually doing something i like and i can get nowhere near that kind of money.

I think that i must be stupid to keep going and doing something i hate though.

I have a boy and a partner to support so i cant make drastic decisions but i am really peed off with the job.

There isnt anything out there similair to what i am doing neither.

Comments

• Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi localboy. Sorry to hear you're unhappy in your job. As Whowhere says, you probably have lots of skills that could work in other areas.

Perhaps have a read of a couple of articles we have: I hate my job, and I quite a high-paying job to be poor but happy.

Clearly you do have your partner and child to consider, which is great, but we spend a huge proportion of our lives at work and being so unhappy can have a massive effect on your personal life as well. Does your partner know how you're feeling?
  • Options
    Thanks very much for both of your replies, I appreciate it.
    ​I am a property manager, managing leasehold blocks of flats, basically this, https://www.totaljobs.com/job/property-manager/bbl-recruitment-job65400094?entryUrl=%2Fjobs%2Fproperty-manager%2Fin-essex%2365400094

​I read those links, they are helpful. I just find it soul destroying and I'm even staying up late as I hate the thought of going to bed just to go back to work. Sitting in the office staring at the screen and answering phones to assholes is too much now.

​I like your idea WhoWhere. I don't care so much about money so much, but I cant take a big cut in my salary.

​I really want to get away from people, especially complaints!

• Options

​My partner does know, and she thinks I should retrain somehow to get into something different.
    ​I would like to start my own business, but that will require an initial investment and uncertainty of income.
    I think I will try and save until I have enough to buy a van and tools for what I want to start.
    Hmmm