Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Might be moving again

LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
So we've found somewhere that will actually have me because I'm complex subject to a lot of places not being able to have me but my support worker knows of this shared house, 6 rooms all female and there's a room going now so I've been referred today. My support worker thinks I might get a phonecall and viewing this week! Might be moving for the 8th time in a year and a bit! Staff on site. It's supported I have been told. Get me out of this flat and this shitty supported living project! Not any closer to my mums but I won't be in a flat feeling like the way I am

Comments

• LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Got an interview and a look around the house on Monday! Apparently staff on site will give me my medication🙄
  • Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    This is good news Steph, keep us updated :)
    It will be like my 8th move in like a year and 4months though, which is a lot but home treatment team want me to go there so staff on site can look after my medication and give it to me when I need it! I feel so drained by the thought of just moving again😬 but let's see the place on Monday first!
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Best of luck with it! :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Moving on Wednesday I think it is the right thing definetly better than being in a flat just feeling overwhelmed by like the 8th move in 1year and 3months

It's a female shared house but a support worker is in the house 8am-1pm weekdays and the manager pops in on weekends. The support worker cooks a meal everyday and food is also in the cupboards and fridge/freezer. We met the support worker that does the hours in the house and she said it is like a little family. They have pizza nights and stuff. The support worker gets a months supply of our medication and locks it away and gives it to us when we need it (that' bit I don't like)

We met the manager aswell and the additional charge of rent that you have to pay is like £70 a week including food but that' would leave me with like £50 left so the manager said I can pay £25 a week which is amazing including food and well like everything!

Hopefully I'll enjoy it there though and feel safe and settled!!! First night there Wednesday.
    Packed like half of my stuff. Rest is just clothes I think but ran out of bin liners anyway and half of my clothes are in the washing machine which dosent seem to want to work!

Took more meds than I should have done yesterday so today without any which is not sending me good keep seeing spiders crawl on the floor and near me trying to get on me. Mood is plummeting especially gathering what night it is😩 not in a good place. Home treatment know I needed meds today as I took more yesterday but they basically said "it's my own fault" so have left me without.

They should be popping by in the morning so hopefully I'll have them tomorrow also I'll ask what the plans are with them as I am moving.

Just got to get through tonight. Tomorrow night I'll be okay as I'll hopefully have my meds.
    Home treatment team are pissing me the f off. They're becoming unreliable now.
    I can't believe I'm going to be in a completely different environment tomorrow night.
  • NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    HI Steph, how are you feeling about your move tomorrow? You say home treatment are unreliable - what happened?

Wishing you the best of luck! :yes:
    Hi Nikki.

Hmm I don't really know mixed feelings.

Well home treatment team let me go without my meds! And it's different people visiting me each time. I feel like they're plotting about me. I don't trust them😌 all the files they write up about me they lie in them.

Thankyou! It's so strange I'm going to be lying in a different bed tomorrow night!
    I'm sweating already. All my stuff is by the door my floating support worker will be here in a minute. We don't know if we are going to have to do 2 journeys. Luckily the new house is only 5minutes away but my new room is right at the top (the attick room) so have to carry it all up aswell and then later on unpack😪
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    How did it all go, Steph? :) Are you settled (or settling)?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    I'm settling 😊

I just fell down some stairs though. Nobody knows because I didn't cry or anything😑 Just come back in my room. My foot is really hurting..I don't know if I twisted a foot bone or something. My foot really hurts. Don't know what happened there wasent anything on the stairs for me to trip over. So I don't know why I fell down some stairs😞
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ouch Steph! :(

How's your foot now? Did you get it checked out?

Glad to hear you're settling in okay :)
    My foot is still hurting. It's been hurting more this afternoon/this evening than this morning. It hurts to move it and put pressure on it walking.

No I haven't got it checked out but I probably should do. I've got no idea where my A&E is though. I'll see what my support worker says in the morning
    The support worker dosent think I've broke or bent a bone. She said I wouldnt be walking on it if I broke or bent a bone. I can walk on it but it hurts and when I bend my foot it hurts aswell but I'm not going to get it checked out. It's started to bruise this morning. I think the hurt on my foot when I stand on it or bend it will be okay in a couple of days.
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hi Steph,

Sorry to hear about your foot. I just wanted to point out that I've broke my foot on a few occasions (recently broke it last year and re-fractured it start of this year)- and the first time I was able to walk on it, but in a lot of pain and actually if you can they like you to walk on fractured foot. But sometimes they may give you a moonboot, first time one hospital didn't give me one but in so much pain another did. Second time I couldn't walk on it at all for a few days, but gradually the pain subsides and it can stop being painful much later on even if not fully healed.

Actually first time I didn't think it was broken but I had pain over a while and I got it xrayed and they said its broken. So sorry your support worker doesn't agree, could you get someone else to take you?

Also hope your settling in okay.
    Hi,

Oosh not good.

I've walked on it a lot more today since it happened so I'm hoping the hurting is subsiding evan like you say its not fully healed. The bruise has gone but it's swelled up.

I don't think I need to go to hospital. Well no-one else seems concerned about it so neither am I.

I've been here a week now! Gosh. Each day I'm settling in more and more. Thankyou.
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Glad to hear :)