Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Home

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do I shut up a baby arghhhh!!!

PLEASE HELP

BAD THOUGHTS BAD THOUGHTS BAD THOUGHTS

Want to run away and leave my daughter locked in the house.

Comments

• Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi Stacey. Really sorry to hear you're feeling like this. I've seen your other posts as well and was wondering if you'd had chance to explore any of the sources of support @Steph shared on your other post.

As a reminder, she mentioned an organisation called Hearing Voices Network, plus also Intervoice and the Voice Collective which might be useful to look at.

I think someone may have asked this before, but do you have anyone else who can support you with the care of your daughter so that you can have some time to yourself? I think self-care might really help you get more in control of your own mental health, we have an article on this here.

Do of course keep talking to us and use the forum as an outlet whenever you need. *hug*
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know Voice Collective. I had a couple of groups with HVN but the sessions moved further away I will have another look and also look at Intervoice aswell. Thankyou.

I pushed all my family away at birth and after and they haven't made an effort since. So no, I don't have anyone who could look after my daughter.

Is the article safe to click on? I need to know things are safe because I've fallen into the voices so much telling me that things aren't safe other than what Lilly says.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Hey there Stacey. :)

Cat's links are totally safe to click on. Rest assured that anything posted by a moderator will be, although I can understand your anxiety about them given what the voices are telling you. Let us know if you have any luck with those support options. :)
    I pushed all my family away at birth and after and they haven't made an effort since. So no, I don't have anyone who could look after my daughter.

Potential barriers to this aside, would having someone else to look after your daughter while you spent some time looking after yourself be something you would want to do? Cat makes a good point in saying that it might really open up some breathing room for you to get some control back over your own life and mental health. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.