Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Finding someone to befriend

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
Hi I am Shola and I'm 18 years old and I really need someone maybe like a woman that's middle aged around in their 40s, 50s or 60s who I can trust, always be there for me when I feel scared, down or sad, when I have a lot of problems or issues and for them to love and comfort me how would I be able to find someone like that and where would I need to go?

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Hi Shola,

Have you tried to find a local befriending network in your area? I've just had a look on google and there is a directory of befriending networks here: http://www.befriending.co.uk/befriendingdirectory.php

I'm not sure how easy it would be to find someone who meets your request in terms of age, but you may be able to meet some people who meet some of your requirements this way.

It may also be worth discussing with a health professional how you are feeling, as they may be able to offer you some support with how you are curently feeling.

I hope this helps.

• LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Ah this is so lovely and I too wanting a befriend! I'm 21 though so not in the age group you wanted. I currently do have a befriend but have not long moved so won't get to see her that often now :( but going to ask if there's a befriending thing round here. I hope you find one!
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi @Sholay09 I've moved your thread from the help desk to the Sex and Relationships section of the boards as you might get more responses to your question here :thumb: