Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

EU - Should we stay or leave? will you be voting?

louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
The big question of the moment. Should we stay in the EU or should we leave?

Confused about whats it all about?

The bbc have written an article to help explain:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32810887

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Definitely pro staying in - and I will be voting!

My entire life has been based around the EU, free movement and the opportunities it creates for the continent as a whole - I couldn't imagine it any other way, but I'm really, really scared it will be so.
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    I will be definitely voting to stay in the EU as i dont feel that us a nation can support ourselves and like plugitin says, free movement is great as well.
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • RavenclawRavenclaw Posts: 74 Budding Regular
    This is actually a topic which is really close to my heart, because pulling out of the EU would have a huge impact on my life. I used to live abroad when I was little, something we couldn't have done if it wasn't for the freedom of movement, and now I have immediate family working abroad and if we leave, no-one knows what will happen to the jobs over there and my family may find themselves in an extremely difficult position financially. Not to mention the fact that I will be studying languages at university and hope to live and work abroad one day, maybe even translating for the European Commission itself - so that means my dream job will be impossible for me if we leave.

On a less selfish note, I also think the EU gives us so many benefits to the way our country works with others and is seen by others, it has huge advantages for trade and business, and besides, at this point I think unions between countries are so important - now more than ever. We shouldn't be pulling away from other countries, we should be working together to improve things!

So, yes, if you hadn't guessed I will most definitely be voting to stay in the EU.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i won't be voting either way, mainly because i don't understand the whole concept of staying or going, and what it means for us as a country.

i'm not going to involve myself in stuff i don't understand
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Just for the record. Im voting to stay in. As a great person once said "Don't fix what isn't broke"
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    I'll be voting to stay :) just feel there is more benefits of being united with Europe in the EU!

Great quote Louisa!!
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    If anyone's not sure - this chat bot might help make you make your mind up: http://wtfisbrexit.com/

:d
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/photo-packet-magic-stars-made-8088097

This is my favourite arguement for staying in - SAVE THE MAGIC STARS.
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    So we've left....
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hann wrote: »
    So we've left....

Hey Hann, feel free to share your thoughts in this thread :)
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    I feel shocked about this :( , I wasn't honestly expecting it!

It's so weird, my parents voted opposite ways to each other.

Also I live in Scotland, where every county voted majority to stay in, hence there is all this stuff going around about another independence referendum again! This is all too much for me at once.....