Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

job's and careers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi my Name is Cassandra i am 17 about to turn 18 very shortly my main passions are science history human behaviour the universe and religion and my biggest passion and intrest is music its also my biggest dream i want to study music and become a singer hopefully one day but at the moment im really struggle as since about the age of 6 ive been home schooled by my mum (thanks mum for putting up with me i was a handful) but im just about to finish and im a bit worried as i dont have any gsces of qualifications and im told for most jobs you need some sort now a day's but my mum said she never had any can you help me out with any help and advice all advice and help would be gladly received and most appreciated many thanks Cass

Comments

• StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi Cass,

Welcome to the boards!

Thanks for creating this thread and for posting about what's going on for you. You've done a really positive thing by looking for some help and advice. You were saying that you're really struggling as you've been home schooled by your mum since the age of 6 and that you're worried that you don't have any GCSE's or qualifications. Sounds like a difficult situation to be in, but you're doing really well to look for some help. What kind of advice and help are you looking for can we ask? You were saying that you want to study music and become a singer hopefully one day. Thanks for sharing this with us, have you been able to speak to anyone else about this?

We have a section of articles here at The Mix called Work & Study that has lots of articles that might be useful for you here: http://www.thesite.org/work-and-study

Hope this helps.

Let us know how you get on.
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Just wanted to let you know that I moved your thread to the Work and Volunteering section of the discussion boards as you might get more responses. :)
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Hey Cassandra, I'm wondering whether there is a music school near you where you could possibly speak to someone about how you could go about following your dream? I know that at the moment you have no formal qualifications, but it may be you need to consider formalising your learning at home to access the fields you're interested in.

For music you may be able to audition and work your way up from there?