Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

a guy likes me!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In my Graphic Communications class I talk to these really cool, funny guys who are also "nerdy" and play video games a lot, anyway, one of them likes me and I'm not sure I like him back...I feel like I wouldn't be everything he expects of me since I am an avid video game enthusiast myself I dont want him to get the impression that that's what I'm about (if that makes sense?) also I just don't think I'm attracted to him, and im terrified he is going to ask me out! I've never rejected someone before and I don't want to hurt his feelings because we have gotten quite close recently. Any tips?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey @Lil.Amy :)

It sounds like you have quite a bit in common with this guy and you mention that you've become close recently but that you don't think you're attracted to him and you're worried about him asking you out. It's okay to not feel the same way.

If you wanted to you could practice here what you might say to him if he did? What would you like someone to say to you if it was the other way around? That might help you work it out :chin:

It can feel really flattering to hear that someone likes you but it can also be a bit unnerving if you're not sure how you feel. It also sounds like you're worried he doesn't know all of you and only sees the gaming part?

Perhaps part of what you could say is that you're happy with how things are right now, hanging out and continuing to get to know each other as mates?

This article is about how to break up with someone, I know that's not quite what you're asking here but I think some of the tips could be useful for you in terms of how to let this guy down gently if needed, these ones in particular:
    Keep it simple: Plan what you’re going to say and practise it beforehand. Get to the point quickly – it’s like pulling off a plaster.
    Don’t backtrack: You’ve made your decision. Giving them false hope won’t help anyone in the long run.
    Be honest: Don’t make up fake reasons for ending it. That doesn’t help either, especially if they find out.

What do you reckon?
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Hey [USER="96101"]Lil.Amy[/USER] :)

It sounds like you have quite a bit in common with this guy and you mention that you've become close recently but that you don't think you're attracted to him and you're worried about him asking you out. It's okay to not feel the same way.

If you wanted to you could practice here what you might say to him if he did? What would you like someone to say to you if it was the other way around? That might help you work it out :chin:

It can feel really flattering to hear that someone likes you but it can also be a bit unnerving if you're not sure how you feel. It also sounds like you're worried he doesn't know all of you and only sees the gaming part?

Perhaps part of what you could say is that you're happy with how things are right now, hanging out and continuing to get to know each other as mates?

This article is about [URL="http://www.thesite.org/sex-and-relationships/relationships/how-to-break-up-with-someone-4497.html"]how to break up with someone[/URL], I know that's not quite what you're asking here but I think some of the tips could be useful for you in terms of how to let this guy down gently if needed, these ones in particular:

What do you reckon?

Thank you so much!! This has helped a lot! I've decided on what im going to say if he does ask me :) thank you so so much for the advice!
    You're welcome :yes: let us know how it goes if it does happen.
    So...he asked me if i wanted to go out sometime..I decided that it wouldn't hurt to hive it a try, since we could talk easy enough and he was a nice guy so i agreed. I dont want to be in a relationship though, which probably makes me seem like im leading him on which is not my intention!! I was also really nervous for this "date" because i was scared he would be different outside of school. We are meeting to go for a walk around the town on saturday and im still quite nervous in case he tries to make a move which will be unlikely..wish me luck!!
    Hey Amy,

It's okay to not want to rush into anything - best thing is to take it slow and see how things go :) Although if he sees this as a date, and you see it as hanging out with a friend, it may be a good idea to make sure he knows so as not to cause confusion later on :chin: Did you manage to talk to him after Jo's advice above?

How did it go yesterday? :)