Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Abortion .. Pro life or Pro choice?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
we were having a disscussion in ethics class about abortion and wheter it should be legalised and i would love to know some of your thoughts?? :chin::chin::chin:

Comments

• ShatteredSecretsShatteredSecrets Posts: 186 Helping Hand
    Legalised? Abortion is already legal? however I am and always will be pro-choice.

I am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

• louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    I don't know what i would do if i ever got pregnant- i would 90% probably get an abortion if i'm honest BUT i believe it is down to each individuals choice and no one should be pressured to do something they are not happy with.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Legalised? Abortion is already legal? however I am and always will be pro-choice.

They might not be from England, there are so many places where abortion is illegal, or in the process of being made illegal
    Choice. I don't believe it should be used as an alternative to contraception though.

Unfortuantely, I do risk passing on some pretty shitty health problems; so would have no choice but to abort if I did become pregnant.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Definitely pro-choice.

I have no idea what I would personally do in that situation but I believe everyone has the right to choose what they do with their lives.
    yes i agree, i am also pro choice ..... and shattered secrets, i live in ireland and it is not legal here but personally i think it should be
    I know personally I am pro-life but it is always the person's decision and I'm not one to judge that
    I'm pro-choice as far as laws go, since research/statistics etc. show that making it illegal only causes more lives to be lost or damaged.

http://prospect.org/article/what-happens-when-abortion-outlawed
    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2012/10/how-i-lost-faith-in-the-pro-life-movement.html
    I am pro-choice, often allowing an abortion to happen is the most loving thing to do for the woman-and often the fetus.
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    This would have crossed my mind if I fell pregnant from the rape.