Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Time To Chat - Daytime Chat (Thursday 4th February, 12pm - 1pm)

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
time-to-change-logo.jpg

Hey all :wave:

As many of you know, Thursday 4th February is Time to Talk Day hosted by Time To Change. Time To Change is a campaign against the stigma around mental health in society. As you can imagine, we are well behind this notion so we're putting on a daytime chat to discuss the subject. This will be a space to talk about how mental health is seen by society and also to share some experiences around it. :)

The chat will be held between 12pm and 1pm in the workshop room. We'll be discussing questions like "what are some of the unhelpful things people say about mental health?"and a few others, so there will be a bit of structure.

In addition, pledges are also being made personally by people as well as by corporations and celebrities to tackle the issue. You can check them out and make your own pledge here.

Hope to see you there! :thumb:

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    A reminder this is today :)
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aw I'm gutted I'll have to miss this chat D:
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Just about to open up, a few tech issues getting in the way... :rolleyes:
    Open!
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Oh the irony. my college has posted "time to change " leaflets ect all over college today yet i cant get into chat as they blocked it on the system :( x
    louisa982 wrote: »
    Oh the irony. my college has posted "time to change " leaflets ect all over college today yet i cant get into chat as they blocked it on the system :( x

Aaah no! That's rubbish (and ironic). Sorry we missed you, but you were here in spirit at least. :P There will be a couple of follow-up threads popping up in the next few days, so feel free to keep an eye out for those. :yes:
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Gosh darn it, i missed it and I was at subway, and playing csgo...
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    So annoyed that i missed it - i was in a meeting with my media teacher at lunch as i failed my whole unit 1 of work, i was planning on coming on :banghead:
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)