Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Coping with Conflict and Arguments - Chat workshops - Sign up for your place now!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Are you having arguments at home, with family, friends or your partner? Perhaps you're not sure how to start difficult conversations without getting into a row? Or maybe you'd just like to deal with anger and frustration a little better?

Attachment not found.
We're running two workshops this month to help you understand what causes conflict and how to cope with it better.

When?
Chat 1: Sunday 17th January 8-9.30pm
Chat 2: Sunday 31st January 8-9.30pm

What will the chats be like?

These chats are a mixture of sharing experiences, understanding yourself better and learning new ideas. They'll be hosted by a moderator and you'll be encouraged to take part in some group discussions and activities.

There will be no more than 10 people in a group so there will be plenty of space for everyone to join in.

How do I sign up?
These two chats work best as a series so sign up to both if you can. If you can't make both dates it's okay to sign up to just one.

Fill out this online form and we'll get in touch to confirm your place :)

**Added bonus**
Everyone that signs up will also be given access to our free e-learning course 'Conflict Resolution: Improving Your Relationships'. This course can be completed in your own time - the course will help you to learn more about conflict, how to manage it better, some theory behind it and how to support others.

Look forward to seeing you there :thumb:

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I need conflict resolution in my life xD - But hope all those that go have a good chat!! :heart:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lots of spaces free - do sign up if you're interested folks and feel free to ask any questions here you have about the chat :)
    Hey, the first of these workshops is happening tonight, we have plenty of spaces so please do sign up if you're interested to learn more. We'll be looking at what sorts of things make us mad and how we can manage our reactions to get the outcome we really want.

The workshop will only go ahead with enough people, for those that have signed up I will be in touch later today to confirm what's happening :)
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Sounds cool :thumb:

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Those that have signed up, we're kicking off at 8pm - see you soon :)
    Hi there,

Thanks to those that came along last night to the workshop on managing conflict and arguments, it was a great session :)

Please do sign up again if you'd like to come along to the next one on Sunday 31st Jan from 8-9.30pm. We'll be covering different topics in the second one and everyone that comes gets free access to our exclusive free e-learning course online so that you can learn more in your own time.

We'll also be running these two workshops again in February, so plenty of time for you all to come and try them out!

:thumb:
    Hey everyone - we have 4 places left for the second of our workshops on managing arguments and conflict with friends, family or partners happening this coming Sunday (31st Jan).

Do sign up if you're interested :)
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Still one or two places left if anyone else is interested in coming along on Sunday :)

James
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    Do the people who attended the first part go to the second one. I may be wrong and not understood properly.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    Oh. I dont think I even went to the first one. I may be getting confused, with the outdoor chat one.

Sorry.
    You can go to the second even if you didn't go to the first considering there's a place left :)
    You can go to the second even if you didn't go to the first considering there's a place left :)

Okay, thanks :heart:
    Exactly - you can sign up to the second one even if you didn't go to the first :)

Two more places left!
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    signed up :thumb:
    For all those that signed up, we're starting now. You will have a PM with the password to enter :)

This discussion has been closed.