Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

will I ever be happy again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Will I ever be happy again learn to trust someone again let someone in again been hurt a lot just don't feel like I ever be happy again 😞

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Sian,

I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling unhappy - it sounds like you’ve been hurt and are struggling to trust those around you at the moment.

Would you feel able to tell us a little more about what’s been going on?

We are here for you *hug*
    raich wrote: »
    Hi Sian,

I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling unhappy - it sounds like you’ve been hurt and are struggling to trust those around you at the moment.

Would you feel able to tell us a little more about what’s been going on?

We are here for you *hug*
    Well about 9 months I got I found out my ex was cheating on me he kick me out of the flat we had together and be been in and out of my life since playing with my head now I feel like I won't trust anyone ever again
    I’m sorry to hear that Sian *hug* It’s never easy moving on after being cheated on, and having been through that can make it difficult to trust again.

It can take a long time, especially when they are re-entering your life. Have you tried talking to him, or anyone else about how it’s making you feel?

We are here if you want to talk :yes:
    I am brand new to the site. In fact this is my first post. But sian I have been exactly where you are. The answer is yes, but with time. The heart takes time to heal and there is no set amount. You will feel the change inside yourself when you are ready and then you will be happy again. Best of luck to you.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello there Sianloveronald,

How are you feeling today? It sounds like you're going through a really difficult patch at the moment, but massive prompts on being able to reach out to us on here, now that takes courage, like I know it's like starting a thread on an anonymous forum, but like I don't think people really realize how strong you have to be to actually start a thread.

It's the same with trust, it takes months to build up but seconds to crush, I'm sorry you've had your trust broken and it might take ages to learn to trust someone again and the feeling on never trusting anyone again might be there, but you'll hopefully get to a point where you do feel comfortable trusting those around you, someone mentioned a wellbeing box to me once, and also a positive thoughts box, basically in the well being box you have like £20 in the bottom of it, and you have to avoid using the £20 but there is also like a variety of activities inside it, for example catch up with a friend, go ice skating etc. I was awful with the box, because a £20 gave me a reason to shop ;) - But encouraged me to get out the house more and like look for jobs etc, And strangely enough I did start feeling better, but I only ever go near that box when I really need it. Then the positive thought one is, basically a really pretty jar you've decorated yourself, with memories in, or quotes to help you get through the moment.

What in the past have you used when you've felt low? Or at the point you're feeling now? Maybe it's about outlining what works for you as an individual, and focussing on that, but by the sounds of your ex, it sounds like you do deserve better!!! But you've taken the first step by reaching out to us, which honestly, just respect!!

But keep us updated on whats going on for you, and how you're doing, we are always here for you,
    Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
    LSM1971 wrote: »
    I am brand new to the site. In fact this is my first post. But sian I have been exactly where you are. The answer is yes, but with time. The heart takes time to heal and there is no set amount. You will feel the change inside yourself when you are ready and then you will be happy again. Best of luck to you.
    Hello and welcome and I really hope so, so very tired of feeling this low and sad all the time now I really hope it will get better

How are you feeling today? It sounds like you're going through a really difficult patch at the moment, but massive prompts on being able to reach out to us on here, now that takes courage, like I know it's like starting a thread on an anonymous forum, but like I don't think people really realize how strong you have to be to actually start a thread.

It's the same with trust, it takes months to build up but seconds to crush, I'm sorry you've had your trust broken and it might take ages to learn to trust someone again and the feeling on never trusting anyone again might be there, but you'll hopefully get to a point where you do feel comfortable trusting those around you, someone mentioned a wellbeing box to me once, and also a positive thoughts box, basically in the well being box you have like £20 in the bottom of it, and you have to avoid using the £20 but there is also like a variety of activities inside it, for example catch up with a friend, go ice skating etc. I was awful with the box, because a £20 gave me a reason to shop ;) - But encouraged me to get out the house more and like look for jobs etc, And strangely enough I did start feeling better, but I only ever go near that box when I really need it. Then the positive thought one is, basically a really pretty jar you've decorated yourself, with memories in, or quotes to help you get through the moment.

What in the past have you used when you've felt low? Or at the point you're feeling now? Maybe it's about outlining what works for you as an individual, and focussing on that, but by the sounds of your ex, it sounds like you do deserve better!!! But you've taken the first step by reaching out to us, which honestly, just respect!!

But keep us updated on whats going on for you, and how you're doing, we are always here for you,
    Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart

I am feeling about the same really finding this time of year very hard now the putting money away sound like a good idea I don't really like shopping lol but do love getting tattoos so maybe I could put money away for a new tatto and thank you I don't really talk to anyone about what's going on in my head keep it to myself all the time but I guess that dose not help sort out the problem of i keep it to myself

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
    Hello and thank you I keep things to myself self I don't talk to anyone about what's going on in my head but I guess that don't help sort the problem, the putting money away is a good idea I don't really like shopping that much lol but do love getting tattoos so could out money away for a new one I guess as that makes me feel better. I normally just walk my dog but he not with me right now at my mums and I live with a friend as got kick out of my mothers he is my rock really sad as that sound he keeps me going and find it hard not having him around I don't really have anything to stop Me feeling low really

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart

I keep thing to myself really as find people don't understand what or why I am feeling low
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello again Sianloverenoald,

Thank you for getting back to me ^.^ - Would you like to talk a bit more about why you are struggling with this time of year? I personally find keeping it bottled up exspecially around occasions like Christmas when things do just start piling to be dfficult, and even if it's just ranting at someone about anything, it helps, it might help to be able to talk a bit more about it on here? Or about what you're going through at the moment? You mentioned that you don't really talk to anyone, do you know what''s stopping you from opening up to people around you? TheSite.org community has been through so much, and has been here for me since I joined, passion has only really grew throughout, and members have been nothing but caring, but this is my safe place, to be able to express deeper thoughts etc. Maybe it could be the same for you? - How has it felt being able to open up on here so far? Has it helped?

I'm sorry to hear about you getting kicked out of your mothers house :( - And having to leave the dog behind, I can realate to the difficulty of not having a coping mechanism that works, accessible. You mentioned tattoos, have you ever thought about design your own? Or if you like artistic things, how about an adult colouring book? I've found personally that they are really relaxing, and something to be able to escape into.

Have you thought about apporaching your GP about getting support? They can refer you onto counselling, suggest things that might help how you're feeling at the moment? Might also give you the rock you need to lean on through all of this, because you aren't alone, there are people out there who would happily be willing to reach out, and there will always be someone here on TheSite.org community.

Look after yourself lovely ^.^
    Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
    Hello again Sianloverenoald,

Thank you for getting back to me ^.^ - Would you like to talk a bit more about why you are struggling with this time of year? I personally find keeping it bottled up exspecially around occasions like Christmas when things do just start piling to be dfficult, and even if it's just ranting at someone about anything, it helps, it might help to be able to talk a bit more about it on here? Or about what you're going through at the moment? You mentioned that you don't really talk to anyone, do you know what''s stopping you from opening up to people around you? TheSite.org community has been through so much, and has been here for me since I joined, passion has only really grew throughout, and members have been nothing but caring, but this is my safe place, to be able to express deeper thoughts etc. Maybe it could be the same for you? - How has it felt being able to open up on here so far? Has it helped?

I'm sorry to hear about you getting kicked out of your mothers house :( - And having to leave the dog behind, I can realate to the difficulty of not having a coping mechanism that works, accessible. You mentioned tattoos, have you ever thought about design your own? Or if you like artistic things, how about an adult colouring book? I've found personally that they are really relaxing, and something to be able to escape into.

Have you thought about apporaching your GP about getting support? They can refer you onto counselling, suggest things that might help how you're feeling at the moment? Might also give you the rock you need to lean on through all of this, because you aren't alone, there are people out there who would happily be willing to reach out, and there will always be someone here on TheSite.org community.

Look after yourself lovely ^.^
    Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart

hello this time three years ago i lost my frist baby so all ways find this time of year hard and with everything else going on just not coping anymore not having my dog with me i am finding things really hard just wont to brake down and cry a lot at the min :'(
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture

hello this time three years ago i lost my frist baby so all ways find this time of year hard and with everything else going on just not coping anymore not having my dog with me i am finding things really hard just wont to brake down and cry a lot at the min :'(

Hey Sian, noticed you posted this a few days ago now, but just wanted to see how your doing? :heart:

I am so sorry to hear that things have been so hard for you, we are here for you *hug*s
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Hey Sian, noticed you posted this a few days ago now, but just wanted to see how your doing? :heart:

I am so sorry to hear that things have been so hard for you, we are here for you *hug*s

thank you i am not sure how i am doing feel so lost with in my self :(
    Hi Sian,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling low and finding it hard to cope - it seems like it's been going on for while. Emotions can seem so overwhelming it may feel difficult to express them to others, but it might be worth considering if there is someone you could talk to about it - a friend/GP/family member? Whilst I hear that you feel people won't understand, suppressing intense feelings can take a heavy emotional toll. Often sharing your feelings can help ease their intensity, and enable whoever you tell to support you better if they have an idea of what you're feeling :yes:

You can keep posting here too whenever you need an outlet *hug*
    Hi Sian,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling low and finding it hard to cope - it seems like it's been going on for while. Emotions can seem so overwhelming it may feel difficult to express them to others, but it might be worth considering if there is someone you could talk to about it - a friend/GP/family member? Whilst I hear that you feel people won't understand, suppressing intense feelings can take a heavy emotional toll. Often sharing your feelings can help ease their intensity, and enable whoever you tell to support you better if they have an idea of what you're feeling :yes:

You can keep posting here too whenever you need an outlet *hug*
    I don't have anyone I can talk to I have been to my gp a lot and don't do a hole lot just can't be bother with life anymore 😕 Feel like ever where I go not wonted or ppl try to push me away to other ppl just can't be bother anymore
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hi Sian,

Sorry to hear your having a difficult time *hug*

Sounds like your GP hasn't been all that helpful, have you considered seeing a different GP?

I'm assuming that you don't have any support from friends or family. If so is there any chance this could be an option? It's not always easy and its okay if not, but the more support the better :heart:

How are you, since you last posted?

Feel free to post whenever you feel you need to. Sometimes I find even just posting helps me!

Hope you feel better soon,

Amanda
    apandav wrote: »
    Hi Sian,

Sorry to hear your having a difficult time *hug*

Sounds like your GP hasn't been all that helpful, have you considered seeing a different GP?

I'm assuming that you don't have any support from friends or family. If so is there any chance this could be an option? It's not always easy and its okay if not, but the more support the better :heart:

How are you, since you last posted?

Feel free to post whenever you feel you need to. Sometimes I find even just posting helps me!

Hope you feel better soon,

Amanda

hello apandav
    i am not going great at all no don't have any support from family or friends and my docs are about as helpful as a wet paper bag i just not coping with anything wont to give up now :'( i feel like no one wonts to know any where i go :'(

Hey Sian,

I'm sorry to hear you're not really getting support from family or friends. Is there anything in particular going on at this moment in time that's causing you to feel down, or might it be due to previous events you mentioned before? As apandav says, another option could be to see a different GP - is that something you might consider?

I wonder what it could be that's causing you to feel as though people are pushing you away. If you felt able to, it might be worth trying to get involved in things that can help you to meet new people, for example local clubs or activities that you might be interested in, or volunteering.

Remember we run regular live support chats here at TheSite, as well as live general chats if you ever need a space to wind down. There is a support chat on tonight from 8pm which you can join from this page once it's open :)

We're here for you *hug*
    Hey Sian,

I'm sorry to hear you're not really getting support from family or friends. Is there anything in particular going on at this moment in time that's causing you to feel down, or might it be due to previous events you mentioned before? As apandav says, another option could be to see a different GP - is that something you might consider?

I wonder what it could be that's causing you to feel as though people are pushing you away. If you felt able to, it might be worth trying to get involved in things that can help you to meet new people, for example local clubs or activities that you might be interested in, or volunteering.

Remember we run regular live support chats here at TheSite, as well as live general chats if you ever need a space to wind down. There is a support chat on tonight from 8pm which you can join from this page once it's open :)

We're here for you *hug*
    i have seen a number of gp where i am they all same the same thing i find ir hard to talk to people i don't know i suffer from anxiety i knon there are live chats on here but the last time i tried to talk everyone just acked as if i was not there but then i should be use to ppl not wonting to talk to me
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey sian,

I think most people at one time or another have felt ignored in chat - I just wanted to say that this is never intentional - it's not always easy to get heard in a busy session.

Taking time to try and respond to others and get to know people in General Chats for example can reallay help you to build up your voice and feel heard. Chat is very much there for you too :yes: *hug*

-Jo7
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    TheSite wrote: »
    Hey sian,

I think most people at one time or another have felt ignored in chat - I just wanted to say that this is never intentional - it's not always easy to get heard in a busy session.

Taking time to try and respond to others and get to know people in General Chats for example can reallay help you to build up your voice and feel heard. Chat is very much there for you too :yes: *hug*

-Jo7

i do try i say hey how is everyone and nothing i don't have anyone else to talk to so i thought i could come on here and chat to people to help me but seem like everyone else i know and on here people just don't want to know about me