Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What are you thankful for?

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture

Hey everyone :wave:

So we had a positive thinking chat yesterday, and we were discussing how remembering the things we are thankful for can have a positive impact our mental health.

Something that came from the chat was the idea to start a diary, and every day write something that you are thankful for from that day. This doesn't have to be anything big, it could also be something small.

I thought it would be cool to start a thread so we can share what we are thankful for. :heart:

Today I was thankful for the people I work with, I've not felt myself today and they cheered me up and kept me going throughout the day.

I look forward to reading all your replies.

Sharing is caring :heart:
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    My colleague being back off holiday and being able to laugh about all the horrible stuff that happened last week
  • Options
    Georgie_Georgie_ Posts: 112 The Mix Convert
    Today I'm thankful for having people who care about me and want to listen to me whine about silly things, it makes me feel loved. <3

Great threat <3
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Today, I've been thankful for the warm! I love how cosy this time of year is and today although the weather was terrible it was so nice being in the warm :)

As simple as this is, I think being cosy really makes you appreciate something as 'basic' (or what we perceive as basic) as this. It makes me feel so lucky to be indoors out of the cold in a safe environment :)

x
  • Options
    Aw thanks for sharing what your thankful for guys :heart:

I am thankful for the nice taxi man who took me to work today was nice chatting to him, and made the morning a bit nicer. Also for coffee I am so tired this morning..
    I am also thankful for the support from a friend last night :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Hot water bottle :hyper:
  • Options

Oh me too actually. And my tens machine :heart:
  • Options

along the same theme - my heated slippers. (they are a pain in the arse to walk in though!)
  • Options
    Thought id bring this thread back, I am thankful for amazing friends, who know how to cheer me up when I am struggling.
  • Options
    Thankful today for everyone on Thesite and Youthnet - as well as every single person on these boards for being strong and inspiring by allowing themselves to share their inner thoughts and feelings on here as well as accepting support :heart:
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Heating, and the people around me for being awesome.