Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Introducing: TheSite mod

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone :wave:

It's **helen**, Jo7 and James here!

As most of you will know, we're the main three staff mods on TheSite. As you'll also know, we're here to help you find your way around and get the most out of this place :)

Up to now, we've had an account each, which on the whole has worked pretty well. Actually, one of the reasons it happened that way is because in the old days, mods used to spend most of their time in one particular section of the boards, so it made sense to have lots of different accounts.

Of course since then things have moved on - we all now tend to pop into every section. And that's not the only thing that's changed. The way our team works is a little different to how it has been in the past; as you may have noticed, we each tend to be around at different times of the day and week.

So we're adapting the way we do things.

From today, we'll all be using this account (TheSite) as the main mod account.

As well as the things we mentioned above, we hope that this will be a little less confusing, especially for newbies who often have a hard time finding their way around.

Another really big advantage of using just one account is that it means we'll be able to see and respond to private messages more quickly. As we'll all be checking the same inbox, there's a good chance that messages will be picked up faster than before. For example, if you send James a private message (PM) on Thursday, evening and he happens to be away on the Friday, he might not see it until Monday. But sending it to TheSite means that someone else will probably see it on Friday.

But what will happen to your other accounts?

We will be keeping our other accounts (**helen**, Jo7 and James). But we'll begin using them mainly to post in threads and not for private messages.

What if I want to send feedback and don't want all the mods to read it?

This account will only be checked by staff here at TheSite. So if you'd like to send us a PM about chat, the boards or a volunteer mod, then that's absolutely fine :) We'll also be introducing a new, separate feedback system for chat soon, to allow for completely anonymous feedback.

We realise that this might seem like quite a big change, so it's normal to have questions or concerns. If you do, feel free to let us know here and we can talk things through :)

**helen**, Jo7 & James
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Will you sign off your posts as Helen, Jo or James or just TheSite? Hope you do, like to know who I'm speaking to lol
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Enchanted wrote: »
    Will you sign off your posts as Helen, Jo or James or just TheSite? Hope you do, like to know who I'm speaking to lol

You can often tell which mod has replied when you read their response, like it will be a massive game of guess who, lul!

Jo is like the kind compassionate one...

James is more like here, have these helplines, like legit trying to care typee

And like Helen...Well, Helen's just Helen, guess she would somehow combine in the middle.

But legit hope they like sign their names off, or that would be a mare, cause Helen could reply, and then you could reply, then that account replies again and it might not even be like Helen o.o Mind Blown, totes?
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Wish I had seen this before I PM'd James yesterday but generally just needed to ask James something.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    We will absolutely reply and sign off our names!

**Helen** :)
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    Wish I had seen this before I PM'd James yesterday but generally just needed to ask James something.

Hey, James will probably still pick up your message before switching off PMs on that account :)

But generally speaking, you guys are still able to direct a question to one of us specifically via this - the only difference is that if Jo or I can answer your question, we'll respond if James isn't around :thumb:

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    TheSite wrote: »

Hey, James will probably still pick up your message before switching off PMs on that account :)

But generally speaking, you guys are still able to direct a question to one of us specifically via this - the only difference is that if Jo or I can answer your question, we'll respond if James isn't around :thumb:

Yo Helen you didn't sign off:d
    Enchanted wrote: »

Yo Helen you didn't sign off:d

Oh my days, classic. I guess this is why Whispers says - helen is just helen :P

From Helen ;)