Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hate myself

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I did something unforgivable and the world knows .I overdosed last night but couldn't even get that right as I threw them up

Comments

• Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi Mel. Do you want to talk about things? If you're feeling suicidal please call Samaritans on 116 123 if you're in the UK.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They can't help me ,if my own family hate. Me
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hi Melforster,

Sorry to hear that things seem so overwhelming for you right now. From what you've said it sounds like you're finding things difficult to cope with and are looking for a way out. It's totally understandable to want to escape, especially if it feels like your family hates you. But it's great that you've reached out here - talking about these things is often a really helpful first step. I've gone and edited your first post a little bit, as we tend to ask people to focus on the feelings behind their actions as supposed to the action itself. I hope that's okay.

As Cat said, if you're having suicidal thoughts we'd recommend getting in touch with the Samaritans by calling 116 123 - they are super-friendly and are available 24/7 to listen to anything you'd like to talk about. You can also contact them via email or post - take a look at their site for more info.

Here at TheSite, we're happy to talk a little bit about what's going on for you at the moment. Although it's worth bearing in mind that we're set up for people aged 16-25 based in the UK, so the support we can provide might not always be tailored to your situation. Of course, we're definitely able to help you find somewhere more focused towards your needs if that's something you'd be interested in :)

Can you tell us a little bit more about your family?
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello there Melforster,

Warm welcomes to TheSite.org message boards :wave: - I don't really have much to add on to what James has said really, but just wanted to reach out to you, really. I'm sorry to hear how difficult things are at the moment, but massive prompts on taking the steps to reach out to us on here. Would you like to talk a bit more about what lead you on to taking an overdose? Or what may have triggered the urge? - Have you spoken to anyone about the overdose you had taken?

Defo agree on calling Samaritans, they're free of charge, and volunteers who are willing to listen. I personally found just crying to them down the phone and just exploding all my thoughts helped, just to have someone actually listening and also responding to me. Have you called helplines before?

Would you like to share a bit more about what's been going on for you at the moment? Were here for you, and remember, you don't have to go through any of this alone!! :heart:

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart