Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hello

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had an excellent, enjoyable Christmas and New Year break with various family and friends, but with some inevitable family disagreements. At one stage I felt that one or two family members might be considering having me sectioned! At another time I was very concerned about the mental stability / health of a brother, who has experienced bereavment and has been wrongly treated by his (also grieving) now young adult children.

Comments

• apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hi gereng :wave:

Firstly welcome to TheSite boards!

I am sorry to hear that it has been a difficult time for both you and your family *hug*

To help understand your situation better, would you be able to tell us a bit more about what the disagreement was (only if you feel comfortable too)?

Firstly I would definitely let keep reminding your brother that you are there for him and be there to listen if he wants to talk. If you are very concerned perhaps you could phone NHS 111 for advice?

How are you feeling in yourself gereng?

You can always contact the Samaritans if you feel the need to chat about how you feel, your concerns about your brother or anything bothering you really. Their free phone number is 116 123, alternatively you can email, text or visit one of their branches.

Are you from the UK? Just wondering as the NHS 111 service and Samaritans are based in the UK.

We are here to listen and advise if we can :heart:

Keep posting if you feel it would help!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It was not all difficult and much of my break was very enjoyable. Now that I am away from the fray, I feel fine and am trying to digest many of the things that were said.

My brother is grieving. Additional devastating events have piled onto this and he is under great pressure. However he has a support network, is incredibly strong morally and ethically and will get past this horrible phase. Only time can help to heal for now. Idon't think he is a risk to himself or others.

I am from the UK, but live mostly in Germany and do not have easy access to the Samaritans. I don't think they are needed anyway.

I have come to the conclusion that this site will not be able to help me / us much, but it was certainly an interesting thing to try!
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    gereng wrote: »

I have come to the conclusion that this site will not be able to help me / us much, but it was certainly an interesting thing to try!

What makes you think that it wont help you?
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Glad most of your break was enjoyable!

Apologies that I don't know really what advice to give you but I'm just an ordinary user of thesite myself. Perhaps other users would be able to help, there are also moderators trained in giving support who help out on the boards.

Take care
  • Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Morning gereng. I'm not sure if you will check back on this but just in case I wanted to say sorry that you're experiencing this.

It sounds like things have got better now you're away from the intensity of Christmas, but if you would like to look we have some articles on Helping a friend in crisis and Grief and bereavement which may help you.

I did also want to make you aware that this site is aimed at 16-25 year olds and given you talk about your brother having young adult children I'm not sure of your age. This of course doesn't mean we won't offer support to older users, it just means our guidance may be a bit less tailored to your situation.

Do come back and talk to us if it would help.