Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What did you want to grow up to be?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's always interesting to think about what your goals and dreams used to be as a child or young teenager. Some of you might have wanted to be a pilot or a footballer or a fashion designer!

What did you want to grow up to be when you were younger?

It would be cool to hear if what you wanted to be is what you are now or still want to do now, or if your mind has changed completely :cool:

Comments

• Options
    I wanted to be a fire woman or a pilot... I have no idea now I actually need to know...:confused:
  • Options
    ShatteredSecretsShatteredSecrets Posts: 186 Helping Hand
    I first wanted to sing and act.. I wanted to be a performer.. but then I got discouraged from that. I lost my passion.
    Then I wanted to be a paramedic. I wanted to help people who were sick.
    Then I wanted to be a police officer.. I wanted to punish the bad people and bring justice to the world.
    Then I wanted to be a teacher,,, I wanted to give children faith that learning and this world is a wonderful place.

Now I want to be a mental health worker... I want to show others like me that they are not alone and they aren't broken. I want to show them that despite their struggles and ill health.. they can be happy.

I am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I never want to grow up
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I wanted to be an English teacher when I was at school, Then a social worker, Now I want to be a Police officer dealing with child protection. However, I work with severley austic children in a school. So I do somewhat what i wanted to doo.
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    I first wanted to be a hairdresser, then changed to be a fashion designer, then changed to be a music teacher, then changed to be a primary school teacher, then changed to nursery nurse (which I was but didn't like it), and now a games designer wooo
  • Options
    I really wanted (and still do) to work in the forensic services.
  • Options
    A fire woman would be cool @Enchanted! What do you enjoy doing? :)

That's really inspiring @ShatteredSecrets :)

​Haha @Skive that would be nice wouldn't it!

That's really cool @Redhead - are you enjoying it?

​Sounds fun @Hann! What kind of games do you design?

So cool @Melian :eek: Is it anything like what they show on CSI and the likes? :chin:
  • Options
    @raich I absolutely love psychology but it's my worse subject hehe :) I think I want to go into some form of healthcare but I could quite possibly end up doing an English degree lol:p
  • Options
    @raich pretty much, yes. Unfortunately, I started losing colour vision at 15 so it won't be happening.
  • Options
    Much like everyone I went through a million different phases. The earliest one I remember was a paramedic because my family watched casualty, haha. Actually, pretty sure I went through all the emergency services. Guess I fancied myself as a bit of a hero!
  • Options
    @Petrichor Haha! It's interesting how TV shows and various other things can change our minds throughout life!
  • Options
    Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    I wanted to be so many things when i was younger - a firewoman, police dog trainer, police woman, nurse, camera woman and a chef..............now i really want to be a radio presenter and i have wanted to be one for the past 2 years :)
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    I always wanted to be a primary school teacher as a kid, now I'm studying biomedical science at uni and don't know exactly where I want to go from there :)
  • Options
    That's really cool @jpeople111 - have you had any experience on the radio side? A police dog trainer would be cool!

I wanted to be a teacher for a long time too @apandav :) do you enjoy science?
  • Options
    Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Yes ive had a few experiences in radio by doing interviews for mental health awareness and those experiences were amazing :)
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I didn't really know what I wanted to do when I was a child, but when I got to my school times, I knew I wanted to work with Children.

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    raich wrote: »
    I wanted to be a teacher for a long time too @apandav :) do you enjoy science?

Cool :)

Yes (well more so biology), but my course is mostly biology with a core class in chemistry (I like some bits of chemistry but hate others lol :banghead:). Never done physics and don't fancy it!