Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Homeless

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone
My name's Manny
I'm Italian and I've lived and worked in England since 1994
I'm gonna be made homeless very soon.
Both my JSA and Housing benefits have been stopped thanks to new laws made to stop people from abroad to come to this county simply to sign on.
I'm appealing against this decision coz I didn't just got here yesterday to sign on but lived and worked here for 21 yrs and only been signing on for 3 month.
I am worried that my appeal'snt gonna work and really don't know what's going to happen next .
I'm scared

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You need to go to the CAB about this. Do you have any evidence that you've lived here for the last 21 years?
    Hi Manny,

Welcome to TheSite! I've moved your post over to our Home, Law & Money section.

I'm really to sorry to hear about your situation. We can't give any expert advice here but we can offer support. As Melian says, it might be worth getting in touch with Citizens Advice who may be able to advise and support you with appealing decisions.

Wishing you the best :)
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Please do let us know how you get on! I cant even begin to think about how it must feel being homeless. Especially at christmas xx
    Hey @Manny71 - just wanted to check in and see how you're getting on?