Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Positive Thinking Chat - Sunday 29th Nov 8-9.30pm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

Beat the Sunday blues and come along to this chat session full of positivity on Sunday 29th November from 8-9.30pm.

Attachment not found.

We'll think about what makes us feel happy, share creative techniques that help you to nurture your positive self and also talk about our strengths and our hopes for the future.

There are about 10 places in the chat and you can sign up here if you're interested : SIGN UP HERE

I'll be in touch via PM over the next day or two to confirm your places

:yes:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why am I workinggg
    Redhead wrote: »
    Why am I workinggg

:( What a shame!

Thanks to those that have signed up so far, I'll be in touch to confirm your places :) Still a few left :thumb:
    This is tonight!! Still a couple of places left if anyone would like to join the group :)
    Wish I was coming
    Redhead wrote: »
    Wish I was coming

Sorry you couldn't be there tonight Redhead.

You might be interested in this thread about Vision boards as something that came out of the chat - we talked about being able to visualise our goals for the future :)

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forum/chat-debate/travel-free-time/creative/3532850-create-and-share-your-vision-board
    I'm freaking out I'm home alone how do I calm myself down
    Katwill678 wrote: »

Hey Katwill, welcome to the boards!
    You're probably better off making a new thread, you'll get more replies that way!
    Would you like to tell us what's going on ? *hug*
    Katwill678 wrote: »

Hi Katwill :)

As hiccup says, your best bet is probably to create a new thread in the health and wellbeing section. I do hope you're okay - we're here for you if you do feel able to talk some more at any time *hug*
    Hey @Katwill678

As the others have said, welcome to TheSite community - we're glad you've found us :)

Sorry to hear you were feeling on edge last night - things like music, calling a friend, watching something on tv or listening to the radio can all help to distract you and calm you down. Or, some simple breathing exercises.

We have a good video on managing a panic attack which might have some useful tips too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-NjNuZSmPQ

If you find yourself struggling again or would like some more ideas for next time, do post in the Health & wellbeing forum and let us know a bit more about what's been going on. Just click the 'New Topic' button on the top left of the page.

We're here to listen and help if we can *hug*