Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Expert Chat: Bullying Wednesday 18th November 6.45-8pm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

It's Bullying Awareness Week from November 15th-21st and so to support this we've partnered up with IntoFilm and the Anti-Bullying Alliance to host this expert chat where you can get advice on bullying.

When?
Wednesday 18th November, 6.45-8pm

What can I ask?
Expert chats are hosted by one of our mods and they will ask you to take it in turns to ask your questions to Lauren. You can learn a lot from listening to others too! Just let the mod know when you arrive that you'd like to ask something and they'll tell you when it's your turn.

Some of the sorts of things you might want to ask about are:

Support on how to cope with bullying if it's happening to you.
Perhaps you're bullying someone and you want to stop but you don't know how.
How to help a friend who's being bullied.
How to recover from bullying.
How to handle cyber-bullying.

Whatever it is, our expert Lauren from the Anti-bullying alliance will be on hand to help out :yes:

A bit about Lauren... Attachment not found.

Lauren is National Coordinator of the Anti-Bullying Alliance (ABA). Lauren has dedicated her working life to improving the lives of children and young people. She has been with ABA for over 7 years but previous to this worked with children at risk of school exclusion with Save the Children; in behaviour support in a secondary school and as a coordinator for a global youth volunteering charity. Lauren is a regular media spokesperson and Mum to two lively children.

She likes Netflix – currently addicted to House of Cards; reading – Just read Ruby Wax Sane New World which is brilliant; dreaming up new adventures for my kids and dancing with them round the living room to let go off the stress.

She dislikes - Celebs taking their fights public on Twitter or Insta; reading too much sad news at night; feeling alternately boiling and freezing this time of year and the fact I’ve been woken up before 6am for the past 4 years.

What have IntoFilm got to do with it?
Film can be really powerful in helping to deal with bullying. For suggestions of great films which tackle the subject of bullying check out the Into Film website
www.intofilm.org

:thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How do we sign up?
    kirstyo wrote: »
    How do we sign up?

You don't need to sign up for this one, just come along :)
    I'm so gutted I'm missing this
    Redhead wrote: »
    I'm so gutted I'm missing this

What a shame, if there's a question you'd like to ask Lauren do PM it to me and we'll do our best to ask it on your behalf :yes:
    Jo7 wrote: »

You don't need to sign up for this one, just come along :)
    Sorry jo j cant come nd i want to come
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Are people who have been bullied but not currently being bullied able to ask questions too?

Like how do you get over bullying?

I've been bullied in the past and it still affects me to this day, but am no longer facing bullying. Planning to come to this chat tonight.
    apandav wrote: »
    Are people who have been bullied but not currently being bullied able to ask questions too?

Like how do you get over bullying?

I've been bullied in the past and it still affects me to this day, but am no longer facing bullying. Planning to come to this chat tonight.

Of course, you're very welcome to come and ask about that :)

What a shame, if there's a question you'd like to ask Lauren do PM it to me and we'll do our best to ask it on your behalf :yes:

I think I mainly wanted to come because of being an ambassador, Although I could of asked something about work-place bullying, Ah nevermind.
    Redhead wrote: »

I think I mainly wanted to come because of being an ambassador, Although I could of asked something about work-place bullying, Ah nevermind.

If you do have a question about workplace bullying @Redhead do let me know and I'll aim to ask it for you :)

If you do have a question about workplace bullying [USER="53966"]Redhead[/USER] do let me know and I'll aim to ask it for you :)

Sent a pm if it's not too late