Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Any horror/gothic fans out there?

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Came across this look at this review of Guillermo del Toro’s latest film, Crimson Peak.

It looks pretty special and sports some pretty incredible visual scenery! Take a look:

1478633474253856801.jpg

1478633474604875297.jpg

1478633474336547361.jpg

Has anyone seen it yet? What's it like?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    I saw Crimson Peak in the cinema a few weeks ago- it was good considering it's not my type of film ( we decided in the cinema).

I liked parts of it but at times I was bored and I lost track of the story a bit. But in saying that I enjoyed the ending. It was very "Gorey" at points.

I do like horror films though. "The House at the End of the Street" was the first horror film which I watched at the cinema. I loved it, but I made a bit of a fool of myself - I'm embarrassed to admit I "screamed" and jumped in my seat (literally)....... I was the only one
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I like sci fi horror - films such as Alien or The Thing.
    Slasher type movies I tend to avoid.
    Weekender Offender 
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Thanks for that apandav - glad to hear you at least enjoyed bits of it.

Horror's an interesting genre. It seems like a bit of a marmite thing (either you love or hate it).

Having said that, I'm not a horror fan but Skive, I'm with you on the Alien/The Thing.. thing - great films both!

Why do you think a lot of us like watching scary things?
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    James wrote: »
    Why do you think a lot of us like watching scary things?

Intresting question James. Well maybe some people like the "thrill" factor, just as the same reasons to wanting to go on a rollercoaster. I also find, with the right storyline it can be addictive- you want to know what comes next, so much so you put yourself through that "fear". In horror films, scary things happen- maybe people want to get a feel for it, without directly being involved in it in their own lives (that would just be too much haha).