Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What's on my mind - my current worries, issues and concerns

2»

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    *hug* sounds all very stressful for you at the moment :( Have you found anything that might help you relax?
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Thanks Kate *hug*

To be honest, I'm having my good days and bad days! Yesterday, I managed to stay distracted by watching TV (but sometimes I'm not in the mood to do anything). Just depends really!

Right now, I'm stressed out by my tutor group at uni (just met them yesterday). One guy never turned up and we haven't heard anything from him, and we have to wait on him before we pick a research topic! Now we need to know for Monday as we won't be able to participate in the lesson (we are learning how to look for sources on the computer, and we need to find 4 articles as an assignment). They are all like oh we can't do anything until that guy turns up, and how it doesn't matter we could even do our research after class- but we can't as we have a deadline to email our tutor by the end of the lesson!! Ugh so stressed!
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Ah that does sound stressful! Maybe if you don't hear from him by Friday you could email the tutor for the class to say this and ask them what they think?
    plugitin wrote: »
    Ah that does sound stressful! Maybe if you don't hear from him by Friday you could email the tutor for the class to say this and ask them what they think?

It's a good idea, but my tutor specifically said its down to us to meet up. Me and 2 others actually made effort to meet up before hand, yet he still said you need to arrange another meeting! It's so unfair when you look bad because of other people :( and I've tried telling my group and they are just like "well there's nothing we can do!". Ugh...... They already think I'm uptight :( group work eewwww
    We don't even get to pick our groups, they pair us up with random people, and we had to email each other before even met face to face!
    All this we "want to create independent learners" bullshit! :banghead:
    Ugh uni...... Calculation questions and they refuse to give us answers as it's scientifically proven .... Blah blah. Speak to your peers :( I want to know the real answer!!
    Bullshit
    :(
    Can't face problems ..... I'm shit
    FAIL
    So bored- got up to do my self- study slides for a class as not in until 2. Just started, I can't focus :banghead: it's so boring!!! Looking ahead at what I need to do - ugh :( plus I have two slide shows to read, then it said read this chapter of a textbook- like 40 odd pages of small writing :( that's only for one slideshow.

I started off writing notes- but think I will give up on that for now and just read and highlight instead.
    I planned to get this done by 11, ain't going to happen!
    Ugh and practical today :( can't be bothered ( from 2-5)
    I have little patience today :(
    Crappy mood, without the studying. I just can't be bothered today!
    I want to moan about everything
    Just posting my life away- hoping it will make me feel better :(
    Suppose I should get ready or do the dishes or something since studying is failing
  • Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi apandav! Sounds like you're having a rough day. Is there anything in particular we can help with?
    Hi Cat- thanks for your reply!

I am having a bad day today :( I must admit, it's silly- I keep telling myself there's no point in crying , and that I'm getting myself in a pickle for no reason. Also, that I need to keep going and be productive.

Got a few things on my mind. This morning I was getting stressed by uni work and the fact I couldn't concentrate. I managed to read some more of the slides but didn't have time to finish (as I'm on bus into uni). I hope I get it done tonight. I didn't even write it all out like planned. Yeah so I've got a lot I want to do.

I also planned to work on other classes but didn't have time. I do this all the time, set myself tasks I can't finish.

Also stressed out about this group work for a project at uni, and how one person hasn't even bothered to contact us. I need to know the plan before the tutorial on Tuesday. It's frustrating, as everyone else seems laid back and I'm stressing.

I'm also worried as I just found out every week for practical is assessed every week so that's how we build up our marks. The thought of a test every week makes me anxious. I always get anxious before tests and now I have to face the prospect every week.

Then out with uni, started worrying about my future again. I just can't help it. There is a lot about my future that concerns me and gives me reason to believe that it will be bad.

Don't even want to go to class today as its practical but I have to.
    :( want to cry
    Just hurry up bus, want home asap..... Had shit day at uni today, I want to just cry but I need to keep going.... Have so much to do!!!
    So much work to do for uni :(
    I WANT TO SCREAM, SHOUT, CRY - fuck me. Help- what do I do, I'm overwhelmed my heads messed up, I don't even know what I'm thinking- I feel like I'm loosing it!
    So low :( I wanted ice cream to try and cheer me up. About to sneak downstairs and mums like "what do you want?" . For obvious reasons I say "water". Big difference between fucking water and ice cream, I ain't hungry I just want comfort food!
    Thanks Notagain,

Yeah I've done mindfulness before- it was recommended to me at CBT. The uni counsellor said they have a drop in mindfulness session for anyone every lunchtime. Might try it when I'm free.
    :(
    Feeling down and stressed. Just got home from, and only been on my iPad for 20mins. I've now got so much work to do, like I ain't going to get it finished, work is never ending- it's easier during the day when I'm sitting in the uni library, but difficult at home at night! It's my life now, and I need to face upto it......
    Also, I've been feeling sad. I'm feeling very distant from people in my life right now.