Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

will i ever be normal :'(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i just want to be normal i am tired of my depression and anxiety taking over my life all the time stop me doing so much tired of feeling like this now wont it gone will it ever go away :(i don't want it anymore just want to be normal so much :'(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. To be honest, I don't think depression and anxiety make you abnormal, it's quite common and a lot of young people experience it at some stage. Is there a particular reason you think you feel this way at the moment?
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Sorry to hear that you have been having a tough time Sian *hug*

These days, I think "what is normal?" , everyone is different. Sometimes, I have to tell this to myself "normal doesn't exist". I agree with Ybe7, depression and anxiety are very common, especially in young people!

Did you know "1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year." ? (According to Mind)
    Next time you are down the street, think out of every 4 people you see, 1 has a mental health problem........
    That is a lot!!! Doesn't seem "abnormal" to me.

I am just wondering, what support do you have at the moment?

Have you tried distractions? I know it can be hard to get motivated sometimes. Personally, I find walks and colouring helpful! What about you?

Wishing you all the best,
    Amanda
    Ybe7 wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. To be honest, I don't think depression and anxiety make you abnormal, it's quite common and a lot of young people experience it at some stage. Is there a particular reason you think you feel this way at the moment?

maybe not but i feel like it dose with me stop me doing so much with my life i h8 it :( just being at my mother dealing with my family making me feel down and low ​
    Ybe7 wrote: »

maybe not but i feel like it dose with me stop me doing so much with my life i h8 it :( just being at my mother dealing with my family making me feel down and low ​
    apandav wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that you have been having a tough time Sian *hug*

These days, I think "what is normal?" , everyone is different. Sometimes, I have to tell this to myself "normal doesn't exist". I agree with Ybe7, depression and anxiety are very common, especially in young people!

Did you know "1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year." ? (According to Mind)
    Next time you are down the street, think out of every 4 people you see, 1 has a mental health problem........
    That is a lot!!! Doesn't seem "abnormal" to me.

I am just wondering, what support do you have at the moment?

Have you tried distractions? I know it can be hard to get motivated sometimes. Personally, I find walks and colouring helpful! What about you?

Wishing you all the best,
    Amanda[/QUOTE

maybe so but i feel very alone with my :( i have no support i have to deal with this on my own like i have to all the time i have tried walking by myself with my ipod i take my dog out everyday but they don't help has things just go around in my head i just want it gone but i know it will never go :( will all ways rule my life :'(
    Hey there sianloverronald :wave:

Im sorry you are feeling so cut off and alone, especially when you are struggling with depression. You have us to reach out to, on here, whenever you need to, so don't feel like you are battling by yourself.

Depression can infiltrate your life, and thinking that it will never go, that it will rule your life, shows how depression can make you feel defeated and hopeless.

I wonder if you have checked out a couple of great articles we have at TheSite on depression - it may be helpful for you have a read through them. They have some suggestions on what to do if you think you are struggling with depression. The article I have linked to, lists some common symptoms of depression, and if you have been experiencing them for over two weeks, it might be an idea for you to contact your GP about your low mood. It can be scary, but you might want to think about taking a friend or family member with you for added support? GPs are able to talk you through your concerns/worries, and can suggest a few treatments to you, such as anti-depressants and/or counselling - which can help you with your low mood.

If you don't feel ready to do that just yet, you might want to think about contacting Support Line, and letting them know what sorts of emotions you have been feeling lately. No one deserves to feel upset and down, and it's good that you have been trying a few options - like going for a walk. It does sound like you are ruminating on negative thoughts when you do - so perhaps talking to a trained advisor at Support Line might help. They may suggest alternative ides you could try - to help balance out the negative thoughts and feelings. You could also contact them by email if you prefer. :yes:

Hope this helps you Sian - let us know how you are getting on *hug*
    Tam x

Tamsinjo wrote: »
    Hey there sianloverronald :wave:

Im sorry you are feeling so cut off and alone, especially when you are struggling with depression. You have us to reach out to, on here, whenever you need to, so don't feel like you are battling by yourself.

Depression can infiltrate your life, and thinking that it will never go, that it will rule your life, shows how depression can make you feel defeated and hopeless.

I wonder if you have checked out a couple of great articles we have at TheSite on depression - it may be helpful for you have a read through them. They have some suggestions on what to do if you think you are struggling with depression. The article I have linked to, lists some common symptoms of depression, and if you have been experiencing them for over two weeks, it might be an idea for you to contact your GP about your low mood. It can be scary, but you might want to think about taking a friend or family member with you for added support? GPs are able to talk you through your concerns/worries, and can suggest a few treatments to you, such as anti-depressants and/or counselling - which can help you with your low mood.

If you don't feel ready to do that just yet, you might want to think about contacting Support Line, and letting them know what sorts of emotions you have been feeling lately. No one deserves to feel upset and down, and it's good that you have been trying a few options - like going for a walk. It does sound like you are ruminating on negative thoughts when you do - so perhaps talking to a trained advisor at Support Line might help. They may suggest alternative ides you could try - to help balance out the negative thoughts and feelings. You could also contact them by email if you prefer. :yes:

Hope this helps you Sian - let us know how you are getting on *hug*
    Tam x
    [/QUOTE
    i have tried that in the past it help a little but not a lot just feeling so cut off and alone back to feeling like i don't want to be here anymore :'( just had enough of it all now i cant cope with being at my mother but no where else to go don't have the money to move out where i go for help all ways get told no :'( i don't want to live anymore
    I'm so sorry to hear that sian, while i was reading you posts you remind me alot of myself and how i'm feeling most of the time... I have a hard time too at home. Sometimes even though your surrounded with people and family and maybe friends but you still feel like your completely alone. I dont have much friends only one that is close to me but at the same time shes not because she's from another country.... We're pen pals you can say.

Therapy dont always work and it might take time to find the right one you feel comfortable with, believe me i'm dealing with that atm....

I'm here if you want to talk, you can message me any time you want and i promise that i will reply as soon as i can.
    Hope your feeling better. xx
  • Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi sianloverronald. How are you doing?
    I feel the same, you're not alone there x
    Feel so alone like I never Ben happy again
    Cat88 wrote: »
    Hi sianloverronald. How are you doing?
    Not great wbu