Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

If you owed a beach hut

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What would you put in it?

Me?
Book shelves within easy reach
Woodburning stove to burn driftwood for free
Calor gas cooker, or cook on the beach
A comfy bed
Bedside light
Spare candles
Flashlight
A load of books
My shortwave radio
Telly
Seagull anti-aircraft gun ;)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I saw some cool beach huts in Eastbourne this weekend. I like your list so far, I think I'd like some binoculars for looking at ships on the horizon and a telescope for looking at the stars at night time - a rubber ring for bobbing in the sea too :d
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    What would you put in it?

Me?
    Book shelves within easy reach
    Woodburning stove to burn driftwood for free
    Calor gas cooker, or cook on the beach
    A comfy bed
    Bedside light
    Spare candles
    Flashlight
    A load of books
    My shortwave radio
    Telly
    Seagull anti-aircraft gun ;)

Hmm :chin: ......

My list would probably be similar to yours. I'd definitely need to bring my iPad, I can't live with out it - music, Internet, and everything in one :) I'd need my camera to take pictures of the beautiful sea, my mindfulness colouring book and pens/pencils. Also I'd probably bring my dogs with me, I love watching them play in the sand/ sea when I go to the beach :)

Ohhhh sounds like a nice idea Jo, would be lovely to watch the stars on the beach!

Unfortunately I don't live within walking distance of a beach, but I absolutely love it! I've been on lots of caravan holidays with my family, I loved walking alongside the beach every day I was there, I found it so relaxing! I love of the sound of waves :)
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Definitely books and a really comfy chair!
    Then towel and bikini, sunscreen etc.
    Maybe a camera if it's really pretty!
    Jo7 wrote: »
    I saw some cool beach huts in Eastbourne this weekend. I like your list so far, I think I'd like some binoculars for looking at ships on the horizon and a telescope for looking at the stars at night time - a rubber ring for bobbing in the sea too :d

Do you know some of these beach huts can cost as much as £8,000 depending on size? Last year in Ferring (nr Worthing) a large beach hut exchanged hands for nigh on £12K! :eek:

@apandav I'm the same with my iPad, can't do without it. I'd love to go to sleep... to the sound of the sea.
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hehe! Talking about this makes me want to go to the beach :)
    I love looking at stars :heart: I'd definitely take some art materials - imagine the gorgeous views I could draw! I'd take a few of my favourite books with me and my notepad/pen.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    My familly used to own a beach hut at Mudeford. Proper live in jobby. No electric, or running water, just gas. Holidaying there used to beat many of the holidays we had abroad.
    Weekender Offender