Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Making your move and avoiding the friend zone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Almost 4 years ago I met a girl on holiday at a party, she was very pretty and seemed nice,.. I only met her that one time .. we became Facebook friends and kept intouch but didn't see each other in person until 1 year ago when we both went to the same festival.

At the time I first met her I didn't think anything other then she's a really pretty girl, and seemed nice, but via Facebook and seeing all the things she believes and gets involved in I saw we have more in common then anyone I know.

I've only met her on 5 different occasions because she lives over 200 miles away. But next week she's coming down south and we'll be going to the same festival and sharing the ride there.

I figure if I'm ever gonna make my move then this is it .. any tips?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey DG :wave:

That's cool you've found someone you like and it sounds like you have a fair bit in common - going to the same festivals and things :d It's great when you get along with someone and share similar interests.

Do you guys chat to each a fair bit on Facebook? If you have a blossoming friendship this person, you might want to think about whether you like them as just a friend, or do you perhaps want to take things on a level? It might be an idea to think about how it would work (if you both did decide to start a relationship), as she lives quite far away from you - so things like how often you would see each other. LDR's can be great - but they're not for everyone.

I think before you make a move, it might be a good idea to try and gauge if she is fllirting with you. If she is, then it could be a good indicator that she likes you as-more-than-friends too.

If you are both going to be hanging out at the same festival, and you have had plenty of time to think about how you feel about your mate - and you do decide you want to make a move, then perhaps you could suggest that the two of you go and see a band together?

If you want you might want to take a look at this article here at TheSite. It is called I love my best friend, but don't be put off by that :blush: - it offers some ideas and suggestions for how to move things on from being friends and letting your mate know how you feel. You might find it's a good place to start.

Good luck with it all and enjoy the festival! :yippe: