Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Expert chat: How to get a job (Tuesday, 6:45-8pm)

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
funny-job-interview-comic.jpg

Hey everyone :wave:

We know a lot of you are leaving (or have already left) college, uni etc for the summer, or in some cases, forever! That means some of you are now faced with the prospect of finding a job!

Luckily, on Tuesday, we're running an expert chat all about how to get a job.

Who's the expert?
We'll be joined by expert Kirsty, who works for UBS - a huge, international bank/financial services company. She'll be there to answer any questions you have (see below for the kinds of things you could ask..)

BVy10nst.jpg

Kirsty works at global financial services firm UBS supporting change programs in the bank with program management standards and solutions. She will share her experiences, adventures and the high and lows from her career so far which has taken her from the non-profit sector in Brussels and San Juan, into high tech and onto her latest role in the City of London. She will share her interview and job hopping stories, as well as how her personal network and extra curricular activities have allowed her to find and create opportunities to try new things and open up new areas of expertise.

What kinds of things can I ask?
This session is a great chance to get advice about anything related to getting a job. This could be stuff around researching jobs, application forms, CVs, covering letters, interviews etc.

It doesn't matter what stage you're at, whether you're looking for a summer job, a permanent job or even a volunteering opportunity! Come along and ask about your particular situation.

How will the chat work?
Like all expert chats, this will be open to everyone. The moderator (me) will ask the room who has a question and then ask you to take it in turns to put them to Kirsty. You'll also be more than welcome to chip in by sharing experiences and ideas that might be helpful to others.

You will be able to log in as normal on the night in the usual place: http://www.thesite.org/chat/live-chat

What if I can't make it but I have a question?
We can accept questions in advance and put them to Kirsty on the night, however live questions will take priority. If you have a question you'd like answered then please PM me with it.

Any other questions? Feel free to post them below smile.gif

Comments

• Options
    This is happening tonight, from 6:45pm!

If you can't make it, but have a question you'd like to ask Kirsty, feel free to PM me and I'll make sure it gets answered :)
  • Options
    This is starting in 10 mins!

See you there :)
  • Options
    And we're open

Come on in!