Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Kat Chat! Getting support from friends - Tues 7th July

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone,

On Tuesday 7th July from 8-9.15pm TheSite's good friend Kat Cormack (peer support and mental health extroadinaire!) is hosting a chat all about how we reach out to friends for support and also how we look after ourselves when we're helping others.
If your mates are an important part of your support network, or maybe you would like them to be, then this chat is for you, read on for more info an to put your name down :yes: Attachment not found.

A bit about Kat Attachment not found.

My name is Kat, i'm 26 and i live in Herts and work in London.

I'm a service user (mental health) and i also love participation so i do a lot of volunteer work. I've worked for YoungMinds and the NHS so i feel like i'm a bit of an odd mix of "young person" and professional.

Really looking forward to getting to know people :)

A bit about the chat

The chat will run from 8-9.15pm and Kat will lead some different discussions to do with what our friends can do to help, what we'd really like them not to do!, what stops us from reaching out sometimes and how you can look after yourself when helping someone else :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    *waves*

Hello everyone, I'm really looking forward to seeing some familiar user names and hopefully meeting some new ones too :)

Kat
  • Options
    casscubcasscub Posts: 138 The Mix Convert
    So gutted because i wanted to do this chat but i just cant make it because i wont have internet where i am Monday to Friday but will Friday night when i get home :( I guess theres a next time though
    :(
    "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose" 
    Lyndon B.Johnson 
  • Options
    Everyone that has signed up so far, you definitely have a place - I will be sending PMs to you all today to confirm the details.

We still have spaces left too so if anyone else is interested this is happening TONIGHT (Tuesday 8-9.15pm)

Sorry to hear you can't make it cass *hug*
  • Options
    An hour or so to go before this chat - if you'd like to come along last minute, just drop me a PM or use the sign up form above^^ You'll need a password to enter which I can give you.

See you soon :)

• Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Big thanks to Kat for her chat and to Jo for modding :)

I honestly found it so helpful and insightful, it was good to hear others experiences!