Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Third Birthday

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Today is Mia's third birthday...The first birthday without her, I'm heartbroken and devastated, I want and need to be with her, she's three...and she's already gone, I don't know how to deal with this... My Beautiful angel isn't here anymore...

Do you know the symptoms? :(https://www.meningitisnow.org/meningitis-explained/signs-and-symptoms/signs-and-symptoms-babies-and-toddlers/

Comments

• Options
    Massive hugs *hug* love you lots
  • Options
    Sending a big hug - good on your for raising awareness of the symptoms *hug*
  • Options
    When people ask me about my siblings, I always mention that I have three younger Siblings, then they ask how old they are, I never know if I should say Mia and Ellie are two and 15 or three and 16, Do i say "they we're 15 and two" or do i say "they would be three and 16" I never know what to say, I never want the awkwardness of the "Was...what happened?" How do you explain to someone your sister took her own life? I feel people find it easier to empathize with Mia, who died of Meningitis in August 2014, with comments such as "Oh no, Awful Disorder" however when the subject of Ellie comes up, You usually get the basic "I'm sorry to hear that" Why are peoples reactions different from Meningitis to Suicide, If i don't feel guilty enough of failing her, I get comments like "Didn't you support her" "Nobody save her?" I miss Mia, I miss Ellie.

I'm going to a meningitisNow event on sunday...to do some voulenteering.
  • Options
    What do you feel comfortable saying? I also think it depends on the person asking. Someone who you know better you can be more open with, imo.