Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Not sure what I need to do......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well let me start with a little background. My boyfriend and I have been together almost a year. We were best friends for about 4 years before getting together. From the start I know how he is and acts. The transition from single to couple wasn't easy for either of us. I was scared and rightly so. He just had problems stopping talking to others. A few months into our new level relationship I find out that he might be bicurious. (Not because he told me but because he was talking to men on date site) ( he didn't outright tell me because he was scared of my reaction) He isn't attracted to guys and doesn't find them appealing at all. He is interested in what they have between their legs because he likes how anal sex feels. He hasn't been with a man before so he was trying to figure himself out. I love him and want him in my life so I chose to stay with him(thought bout leaving at first) and support him. I even have consented to having a threesome with another guy. Well few months after finding out everything we split up for 2 months. (My trust issues, his pride) He talked me into giving him another chance during Christmas. I thought long and hard about it only to decide that we meant for each other. I knew he talked to other people while we were split up and even had a couple sexual encounters. He was and has been honest with me about stuff, even though it's usually because he gets caught. Since we've been back together we've had ups and downs. But we have recently moved in together finally and everything has changed with him. He works and I stay at home. I cook and clean like I'm supposed to. He doesn't help with house chores. I have to do everything. He claims I don't do anything when my house stays clean. I don't know how to handle this situation because he never hears what I have to or need to say. He jus explodes and I can't handle that. I have a bad stomach that can cripple me at timess so I don't argue much or deal with conflict. I'm drama free and I don't bitch. How many females can say that these days? He's a damn lucky man to have me. And I'm damn lucky to have him. He has his good qualities. But lately he's jus been downing me and I feel so alone. There's a huge space between us and I can't fix it because I don't know why he's being the way he is. I hope this all makes sense. I get side tracked on one thing and talk about another. But anyways. I don't know how to make this better and I don't know if I should just leave and move on? Or stick with it and see what happens? Life is crazy and it's difficult when you feel so alone. That's why I'm posting here.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    "He has good qualities." Would you eat 95% yummy mashed potatoes if the remaining 5% were dog shit? Your boyfriend has been shit to you since minute one. Emotionally cheating on you, knowing he gets away with it. Stop that teenage girl "ZOMG, we are so MEANT for each other." and leave him. Doesn't sound like he gives many shits about you.
    Hi llyech0 4ever,

It sounds like from what you said that you have had to put up with a lot and when you do it can cause bad feelings and upset within yourself.

I see you have tried really hard making this relationship work besides having to put with all the rubbish he has thrown at you.

Do you think going away for a bit might help you to decide on your future with him?

I know you said you have done this before in thinking about you and his relationship but it maybe you just need more time to think in order to of come to a decision.

You just have to remember that looking after number one is priority as your not responsible for other peoples happiness but yourself no matter how harsh it sounds.

Please don't feel like your on your own because your not.

Let us know what happens x
    Thank you for the advice
    CrazyCat wrote: »
    Hi llyech0 4ever,

It sounds like from what you said that you have had to put up with a lot and when you do it can cause bad feelings and upset within yourself.

I see you have tried really hard making this relationship work besides having to put with all the rubbish he has thrown at you.

Do you think going away for a bit might help you to decide on your future with him?

I know you said you have done this before in thinking about you and his relationship but it maybe you just need more time to think in order to of come to a decision.

You just have to remember that looking after number one is priority as your not responsible for other peoples happiness but yourself no matter how harsh it sounds.

Please don't feel like your on your own because your not.

Let us know what happens x