Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Gay marriage: time to bring Northern Ireland into the 21st century?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last year, MPs voted to legalise gay marriage in Great Britain. Last month, the people of the Republic of Ireland voted to legalise gay marriage there. Gay marriage is still illegal in Northern Ireland.

Should Northern Ireland be free to make its own decision on whether to legalise gay marriage, or should the British government force Northern Ireland to accept gay marriage?

Comments

• JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    *test bump*
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you want to marry your same sex partner then you should be able to, no matter where you live. People talk about interfering but they've no right really because you're interfering with people just as much if you're against them getting married.

If someone makes the decision to want to marry their partner then that's that - they should be free to do exactly what they want because it's their choice, their life, their happiness.

All of this really pisses me off sometimes. It's like butt out of each others lives, despite the reason you might be butting in, because how you feel about other people is not relevant or important when it comes to something like this.

Keep your shitty opinions to yourselves and let people be free to make up their own mind -_-
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm unsure how I feel about this. Butterfly does make a point. But aren't Ireland in general, extremely religious?