Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Welcome to the new look boards!

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
The new look boards are finally here! We hope you like them :)

A few things are different since the upgrade, so here's an overview of the major changes:

The boards homepage
You'll probably have noticed that the homepage now has a few boxes down the right hand side. These show things like announcements, post of the month and latest activity to give you a snapshot of the latest goings on :)

Avatars are now square! See this thread for more info. We've also merged avatars and profile pictures to make things less confusing! The new

Design of posts
Instead of avatars and usernames being at the top of each post, they now appear on the left hand side.

Profiles
Your profile now looks a little different. You can find it by clicking on your username right at the top of the page ^^
There's a new 'Activities' tab showing your latest posts, and it's much easier to edit your settings (check out the big 'Settings' buttons!)

Bonus features
We've introduced a new system of bonus features - things you unlock by reaching a certain number of posts. You can read all about it here. Note: we're expecting this to be a little buggy at first, so just bear with us if it doesn't work straight away!

We've been super busy the last couple of days fixing bugs and making sure everything works as it should. But inevitably, there are going to be a few things we've missed. If you find anything that doesn't work or looks a bit odd, let us know in the Problems & Suggestions forum and we'll get on the case ;)

Have fun looking around!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    James I so don't like the new look
    I'm too lazy to click on problems and suggestions, but I can no longer log into tapatalk since the boards updated :(
    Hiccup wrote: »
    I'm too lazy to click on problems and suggestions, but I can no longer log into tapatalk since the boards updated :(

Good spot Hiccup, it's not working for me either. We'll get the tech team to sort that out tomorrow if we can! :)
    angel wrote: »
    James I so don't like the new look

Aww, hopefully it will grow on you angel :chin: It does feel different at first but the upgrade was well over due!
    Jo7 wrote: »

Good spot Hiccup, it's not working for me either. We'll get the tech team to sort that out tomorrow if we can! :)

Thank you! I didn't know whether or not it was just not working for me
    I'm not liking the new look, it's quite clunky on my mobile now (I don't own a laptop/pc/tablet so I can't comment on the UI on that front).
    When you're looking at a thread, where it has the user information, what is that line of little grey rectangles? When I hover over it is says "is on a distinguished road"???
    Oh part of the UI clunkyness is that the topic list looks disjointed on the phone. It's not as easy to see if there is any new unread posts lol
    ninaballet wrote: »
    Also, I wanted to upload a photo to see if it works, so here is a penguin.

Appreciating the penguin ;)
    When you get a notification when someone replies to a thread you're subscribed too,or when they mention you, is there anyway to make the little notification number thingy next to messages at the top disappear when you click to see the notification, instead of having to delete it? (I'm not sure I made sense here haha oops)
    ninaballet wrote: »
    When you're looking at a thread, where it has the user information, what is that line of little grey rectangles? When I hover over it is says "is on a distinguished road"???

It's related to 'user reputations' which is a bit of functionality that we don't currently have enabled. Everyone is therefore set to the same level and that's the tag line that goes with it for some reason! It doesn't seem to be something I can remove easily at the moment but we'll look in to it :)
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Not liking the new look guys. I liked the vision in violet wide because it didn't have any of TheSite Standard which I didn't like, and it has it now. Missing the old boards...
    I actually really like the new boards! I think after the few small issues have been fixed it'll be great
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    K-Dwagg wrote: »
    I'm not liking the new look, it's quite clunky on my mobile now (I don't own a laptop/pc/tablet so I can't comment on the UI on that front).

We're aware it's not great on mobile at the moment (a lot of things to scroll through till you reach the boards). We'll be working on this and trying to make it better :)
    It will take some getting used to. It took me a while to figure out how to log in :blush:
    When you get a notification when someone replies to a thread you're subscribed too,or when they mention you, is there anyway to make the little notification number thingy next to messages at the top disappear when you click to see the notification, instead of having to delete it? (I'm not sure I made sense here haha oops)

I get ya ;)
    Doesn't look like it at the moment, but it's something we can look into. As a short term thing, you could disable notifications if that number gets really annoying!
    Not liking the new look guys. I liked the vision in violet wide because it didn't have any of TheSite Standard which I didn't like, and it has it now. Missing the old boards...

​Sorry to hear that Hann :( As Jo mentioned, it might take a while to get used to. Hopefully that doesn't take too long. We're always open to suggestions, so if you can think of any ways to make it better, head over to the problems & suggestions section :)
    I can't say I like it either. Too much white.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey guys, we've been doing some work on Tapatalk - those of you who have it - could you login and report back on how you get on? Thanks muchly! :)
    I'm being told that I can't send PMs because my storage is full. I've only got 65 messages stored and I'm being told I can only have 10 and I've posted over 500 times.
    Haha not just me that hates it
    I'm not keen but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I just found it easier to read everything using red rev wide, spaced everything out and make actual use of my full screen. Even changing to red rev doesn't appear to have changed anything apart from the top menu to red lol. About the reputation bars, you should be able to just comment out the section of the thread template. See here to see what I mean (that's for old version, the templates have probably changed):

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-legacy-versions-products/legacy-vbulletin-versions/vbulletin-3-7-questions-problems-and-troubleshooting/300440-hide-reputation

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Tapa is working fine for me now!
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Odd tapa issue: in recent issues it has the last person who posted's avatar but the thread starter's name
    plugitin wrote: »
    Odd tapa issue: in recent issues it has the last person who posted's avatar but the thread starter's name

Has also done this for me on chrome/laptop so not just tapatalk :)
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    **helen** wrote: »
    Hey guys, we've been doing some work on Tapatalk - those of you who have it - could you login and report back on how you get on? Thanks muchly! :)

Tried logging in but saying i'm not a user
    Is there something wrong with online status? It's appears to show people as online even if the profile says they haven't logged in for years.
    **helen** wrote: »

I can log in now, but it won't load any posts at all
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    I'm not keen but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I just found it easier to read everything using red rev wide, spaced everything out and make actual use of my full screen.

I thought this.

I can log in now, but it won't load any posts at all

This. Unread won't work but going through each of thesite topics works.