Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New To The Site

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My whole life has been one big annoying roller-coaster. I was a victim of child abuse. At 18 months old I was put in foster care and now at 15 years old I've been with my family for about 12 years and this means a lot but I still have depression. I'm stressed all the time and nothing can change that. Hoping the site could help me..:confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you spoke to your foster family? Have you been able to get access to professional support?
    I'm adopted. My family put me on anti-depressants they have been helping it's just it's not enough.
    Welcome to the site boards :) sorry to hear what ur going thew :( must be very hard for u :(

Here a link where u can get better support of people

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forumdisplay.php/90-Health-amp-Wellbeing
    It's not easy. It never is. But I think support from the site it can get better
    Hi :-)
    Do have any access to counselling services? Treatment for mental health for people.can often be most effective with a combination of medicine and therapy

Hope you get better soon xx
  • Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi there :) nice to welcome you to TheSite. We will do our absolute best to support you!
    Hi,
    well i just hope that you are able to talk to someone about this.
    There is nothing wrong with saying this to someone you trust. I hope evrything wrks out for you!
    Always here to talk
    Lilzzz:heart:
    Hi, i was also a victim of child abuse. I know how complicated it can be. to be honest i am only just starting to remember things from when i was younger. Im new aswell but im always here to talk, message me any time and i will always chat :heart:
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Live Laugh Love,

Warm welcomes to TheSite.org message boards :wave: - You've been through an awful lot, but it's great to see you are reaching out for support on here, and being able to post a bit about your experiences. You said 'Nothing can change that' - It sounds like you have quite a negative attitude to whether recovery is possible, yet you've come on here and posted showing an aspect off wanting support, or even share your own experiences with others. I think recovery (If you wanted to take that route) would be possible, but it has to be you who takes the action to getting better, getting the support etc.

Have you ever spoken about how you're feeling to anybody else offline? For example GP? Teacher? Etc?

Do let us know how you're getting on,
    Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart :heart:
    My whole life has been one big annoying roller-coaster. I was a victim of child abuse. At 18 months old I was put in foster care and now at 15 years old I've been with my family for about 12 years and this means a lot but I still have depression. I'm stressed all the time and nothing can change that. Hoping the site could help me..:confused: