Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wednesday Support Chat (25th march) 8-9.30pm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello :)

I'll be opening chat tonight with one of our newer mods Laura. Laura mods with me every other Wednesday and she's a really keen new volunteer who's still in training and learning the ropes. She's from Lancashire and she just got a new puppy ;)

What you can expect from us: Mods are there to help out with support too and we can also give you links to other helpful sites and info but we're not experts or medical professionals. If it's busy (which it has been lately!) we'll do our best to keep chat flowing well and try to pick up on things that might get missed so that everyone has the chance to ask for support who wants it :thumb: We're also responsible for booting folks out if we have to - this is a last resort and only happens when necessary to protect the chat space and keep things calm and focused on support :)

What we expect from you: Check out the group agreement and guidelines here: http://www.thesite.org/chat/chat-guidelines

General Chat is also on tonight from 8.30-10pm so if you're just looking for a space to hang out and have a break from talking about heavier issues then that's the chat for you.

You can join chat from this page when it's open an see when chats are on throughout the week: http://www.thesite.org/chat/live-chat

See you later :wave:

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Jo7 wrote: »
    I'll be opening chat tonight with one of our newer mods Laura. Laura mods with me every other Wednesday and she's a really keen new volunteer who's still in training and learning the ropes. She's from Lancashire and she just got a new puppy ;)

You've sold her well!!! :heart: - I think it's gotten busier now, because people can access chat from there phones, were as previously, that wasn't possible, stopping people from actually accessing chat!

You know what I miss? Monday general! Like we went into general chat before support, it just felt more light heart-ed in support. That could just be me though!!!

Here's me thinking you'll take every chance to book someone else out, I can only imagine how awful it must be deciding whether or not you want to boot someone out #DifficultDecisions #QueenOfTheBoot

Despite there being mods to help out though, it's a peer support environment, so it's always positive seeing user sharing the wise words of wisdom!! :heart: xD
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback Whispers, we'll definitely take that on board :thumb:

What if all support chats had an opening round to help ease everyone in and get people on the same page? Could that work to kick chats off?

Just thinking out loud... ;)
  • Options
    meggles wrote: »
    jo...i cant get in chat.. think im still banned but you said i can come in chat :/

Sorted :)