Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Painfully obvious things which took you ages to work out...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Following on from Mike and I making public announcements about how stupid we are here, is there anything which is painfully obvious, but took you a stupid amount of time to work out?

in-sweden-it-is-forbidden-by-law-to-be-a-criminal.jpeg

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've just seen this and actually this picture took me a while to work out 😂😂😂😂😂 oh my days!!!!!!! I'm so stupid, there are a lot of things that take me way to long to figure out. Life in general for one hahaha *sigh*
    One more - 'fourtnight' is a contraction of 'fourteen nights'. WHAT.
    Life is so much incredibly more than what job you have and have much money you earn.
    MikeS wrote: »

I have never seen fortnight spelt with a u. Therefore, the above has never actually ocurred to me.
    Melian wrote: »
    I have never seen fortnight spelt with a u. Therefore, the above has never actually ocurred to me.

Typo on my part! It is spelt 'fortnight', but the principle is still the same. :)
    Taito wrote: »
    Life is so much incredibly more than what job you have and have much money you earn.

I quite like this... took me too long to figure out. :chin:
    I also only just figured out pancakes. Also, an air traffic control tower at an airport, controls air traffic...
    Took until my late twenties to realise the word was "respite" not "rest bite". :D
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I know I have a million of these but need to think hard to remember them! As soon as I do, you'll be the first to know :P
  • Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    MikeS wrote: »

Along the same lines, I think I was about 20 when I worked out that Christmas is 'Christ's Mass'.
    Danny! wrote: »
    Along the same lines, I think I was about 20 when I worked out that Christmas is 'Christ's Mass'.

Another I've just realised now that someone has just pointed it out to me!
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    I remember having a similar revelation with 'breakfast' -> break + fast. (As in, OMG I've been asleep all night and haven't eaten. Need some coco pops now!)
    -That the straight ahead arrow on road signs was not pointing up into the sky but it means go forwards - was 15
    -That in the Disney logo... it's actually a capital D... was 15
    - Signs that say Trespassers Prohibited don't say Trespassers Forbidided. was 14
    - "hey your shoelace is undone" 1) I looked down 2) I had velcroe shoes...

Doh!