Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Why The Rise of Facism Is Again The Issue

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've decided to post an article here by John Pilger describing what he would call the "New Facism"- this is the term he uses to describe the underlying causes of conflicts that have been aided or caused by Western influences (such as that by America or Britain). The article goes into quite some detail about the conflict in Libya, the rise of ISIS, and also the current conflict in Ukraine. It is quite long but definitely worth a read and I was wondering what other people think of it?

http://johnpilger.com/articles/why-the-rise-of-fascism-is-again-the-issue

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That article is an open sewer of clichés, over-simplifications, revisionism and conspiracy. It's another example of the self-flagellating narcissism that runs through "liberal" thought at present; the same kind of nonsense that has CAGE telling us MI5's questioning is responsible for Jihadi John beheading aid workers - one of the most egregious non sequiturs I can recall in a long time. The hand wringing over Libya is a classic: Western involvement was all a shady oil-thirsty conspiracy to prop up US imperialist ambition.

0/10 - would not read again.
    I'm interested to read your counter argument in more depth in regards to the over simplifications, the revisionism (which our history and media is also really good at by the way) and evidence disproving the conspiracies. At the moment you've just made vague statements which don't really enlighten any one in a discussion, and isn't that what discussions are for?
    Counter argument to which claim? I'm not debunking the whole article, it'd take fucking forever.

Also, are you also not in the least bit suspicious of a man who quotes himself in his hero image?

image.png