Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Need a job..but how? Help please!!

louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
Hi everyone. So recently I have become very aware of the fact that I should probably get a small job.i don't really spend much money as there aren't many things that I need to buy ( I'm 17 and my parents pay for food, bills ect) the only income I have is £15 a month from my dad and the odd money i get from selling things on online selling sites. I'm pretty open to jobs - though I don't want it to be too local as I have had problem with people at school and don't want to see them, but I could get over that. The problem I have is time. I literally have no time. My schedule is as follows:
( please note college time includes bus. So this is when I leave my house and when I get back)

Monday- 7am-6.30pm college
Tuesday -7am-6.30pm college
Wednesday- 10.15am-5pm work experience (unpaid)
Thursday-7am-6.30pm college
Friday- 7am-6.30pm college
Saturday- volunteering 3 hours ( time will vary)
Sunday- homework/studying and normally tidying up

I tend to go to bed after live chat (10pm) and after college I also do a lot of sorting and selling of items online. I sell items for myself, a couple of charity's and mums friends.
As you can see I'm exhausted. I guess I could get a job on Sunday's but I'm worried I will be too tired. Any suggestions? Thank you louisa x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why not just stick to what you're doing for the moment and concentrate on college, instead of thinking about finding a job?

.....At least your parents are paying for your food and bills etc.
    As much as you want a job, I think you'll end up struggling to cope with it all, anybody would struggle with it all. You need to have time for yourself, time to relax and look after yourself now.
    You could always look for getting a job for the holiday? So a job for over Easter or over summer, that way you're not pushing yourself to do too much
    While I was at college I just did one day a week and since you do volunteering maybe just stick to the holidays until you leave college? Anywhere retail usual want temp people in for the holidays
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I think the holiday work sounds good I might look into that. IT would just be great to have a bit of money to buy stuff for myself. I guess it would be doing to much. Thank you everyone :)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    When I was at college McDonalds was brilliant.
    Very flexible hours, paid very well, and socially was a damn good craic.
    Weekender Offender 
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Skive wrote: »
    When I was at college McDonalds was brilliant.
    Very flexible hours, paid very well, and socially was a damn good craic.

Thanks skive , I have heard that but I really can't stand the place lol. Plus the fact I'm bigger would make me feel uncomfortable. Louisa x
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Well it something worth considering. I've ever been a fan of McDonalds as a restuarant but as an employee I loved it, it was great fun. Most of the others working there were also working just to earn a few quid whilst at college. It looks really good on a CV, and it pays better than any other part time job you're going to get whilst full time at college.
    Weekender Offender 
    louisa982 wrote: »
    Thanks skive , I have heard that but I really can't stand the place lol. Plus the fact I'm bigger would make me feel uncomfortable. Louisa x

You're not the only one. I hate McDonalds too. Someone once told me that they're always looking for people, but I turned my nose down at it. Also I hate the trashy food! Especially their bread!