Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Diets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm trying to loose weight for the wedding, So I've stopped drinking fizzy drinks, Cut out fatty & Junk food. Which is the best Diet? I wanna loose about a stone....

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Lots of fresh fruit and veg, drink lots of water and exercise. There are faddy diets out there, but the harder you make it for yourself, the less likely you are to see (long-lasting) results.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You don't want a diet. You want a lifestyle change. The above is right, imo.
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Hiya. Don't do any silly fad diets as it can really harm you! I really recommend slimming world as its a lifestyle change rather than a diet. Plus if you don't really have money you can go the first week- get all the stuff and just do it yourself. ( some magazines also give free membership fee so can be cheaper) good luck. And remeber if you don't reach your target don't worry about title. Everyone is beautiful just the way they are. Louisa x
    Melian wrote: »
    You don't want a diet. You want a lifestyle change. The above is right, imo.

:yes:

This is something that gets to me; people turning to temporary diets hoping to make permanent changes. Either take on a different diet and stick to it (such as suggested) or get an exercise routine going, or both ofc. Vegetarian & vegan diets are very good if you can make either of them work for you, also. :)
    I do need a Diet I'm so fat and need to loose some weight in time! so people don't laugh at me..
    I can't afford Slimming world...
    Thing is Emmy, you've got 2 years. If you decide you're only gonna eat cabbage soup or some other obscure diet it might work, but there's no way you can keep doing that for 2 years. Like the others have said, you're best trying to change what you eat generally to make it healthier, so more fruit, less fatty foods etc, which you're much more likely to be able to stick to until the wedding.

Also, people will not laugh at you, you're gonna look beautiful.
    I keep loosing weight but then it just goes straight back on...
    I'm an actual fat disgrace I can't believe I've let myself get this big.
  • Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Emmalee wrote: »
    I keep loosing weight but then it just goes straight back on...

I think that's the problem with a lot of things that are called 'diets'. Just a couple of ideas:

Filling yourself up with things that are good for you (like vegetables, brown rice/pasta/bread, oats, lentils, beans) can be really good for keeping weight under control, as you feel full and should have a good, constant supply of energy.

Eating regularly is really important too - as your metabolism runs faster when there is a good supply of food (skipping meals puts your body into emergency mode, where it prepares for food shortage and so burns food slower), so having three meals a day means that you burn off what you eat more quickly, and should have more energy for exercise.