Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lack of justice in the world?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, I came across these last night and thought I'd share them. An artist has come up with some cool ways of showing the injustice he sees in the modern world. Thoughts, anyone? :chin:

See the full gallery here: http://tinyurl.com/pdtv659

134.jpg

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Outstanding work. I hope some cool history teachers show that kind of stuff to their students.
    jammin wrote: »
    Outstanding work. I hope some cool history teachers show that kind of stuff to their students.

It would provoke a lot of thought and opinions. Great for debating in class, no doubt!
  • Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    That's a really good set of pictures Mike. This is the one I felt the most:

154.jpg
    Funny that you pick that one - it's the only one I didn't understand! Don't suppose you could explain it to a simpleton like me? ;)
    I can give you my reading - no guarantees it's what the artist meant :)

Statues that commemorate people who served and died are important. But it's less often that we celebrate other people who suffer in war, who show bravery, who die protecting people who are important to them. We can assume that the mother and child also died, as they are also statues. But they are on the floor, not on the plinth. I think it give us a more rounded picture of the human costs of war.

What do you think?
    Danny! wrote: »
    Statues that commemorate people who served and died are important. But it's less often that we celebrate other people who suffer in war, who show bravery, who die protecting people who are important to them. We can assume that the mother and child also died, as they are also statues. But they are on the floor, not on the plinth. I think it give us a more rounded picture of the human costs of war.
    How interesting. :chin: Now it seems powerful. For some reason I didn't cotton on to them being statues (despite how obvious it seems now!). Makes a lot of sense to me, thanks for clearing it up. :)
    No worries - thanks for posting the link!
    Danny! wrote: »
    154.jpg

This image breaks my heart.
    It seems like it could almost be symbolic of a lot of things that go on these days, not just war.
    MikeS wrote: »
    It seems like it could almost be symbolic of a lot of things that go on these days, not just war.
    Very true, it's symbolic of a few things in my eyes! Often the blind eye is turned to others involved unless they are the ones in the eyes doing everything eg soldiers in a war. What other things did you think of?