Homeโ€บ Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help I'm losing my mind

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm new to the site so not sure if this ok but. I've reached a point that I just can't see a way out of. I am married and har 4 children. My husband is devoted to me and would do anything for me. BUT I am desperately unhappy and can not seem to get better, all I keep coming up with is to walk away from everything. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello Juniper,

Warm welcome to TheSite.org message boards :wave: It sounds as though your mood is really affecting everyday life, but a positive thing is, you notice it, and want to get support, so well done for taking the first step and reaching out to support on here. You said that you 'Can not seem to get better' would be able to tell us a bit more? It sounds like you've wanted to take the steps to a healthier happier future for quite some time, what kind of things have you been trying?

Have you considered approaching your GP about your mood? Often they can look at ways of improving it, and offer you things like medication and therapy. Different things work for different people, it's just about trying as many as you can, till you find one that works for you! You said you were desperately unhappy, would you be able to expand on that a bit? It can be difficult when we struggle to find pleasure again, however, I've found that I'm more unhappier when I'm sat around all day, getting nothing done, what kind of things did you used to enjoy? For example, did you ever play sports? Do you like baking, art, etc...

TheSite.org have an article on Understanding Depression, Which might be helpful to take a look at. It covers signs of depression, where you can get help for depression, and treatments you can have. As well a variety of helplines you can call if you needed someone to talk to at the bottom of the article, which I have quoted in below,
    Depression Alliance offers advice and support to people who suffer from depression.
    Mind offers advice and support to people with mental health problems. Their helpline runs nine to six from Monday to Friday. 0300 123 3393
    SANE offer support and information to people affected by mental illness. 0845 767 8000
    Feeling stressed? Hatch a Stresshead and relax as you chase your very own pet peeve around until you catch it and smash it.
    Visit Madly in Love to discuss mental health and relationships, share stories and get support and advice.
    Chat about this subject on our Discussion Boards.
    Need help but confused where to go locally? Download our StepFinder iPhone app to find local support services quickly.

Links to there website can be found on the article link I had given above,

Do keep us updated on how things are for you at the moment, and look after yourself,

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you for replying WhisperOfTheHeart

I have been trying to make steps, I have been on Sertraline for the past 2years and have been going to counselling. On top of this I have made lifestyle changes hoping this would help. I was a stay at home mum and my husband worked full time as a chef. He has now gone part time, working 3 nights a week and I work 5 days 9-1.30 and 1 night 6-12. All this was because I thought it would make me a appreciate coming home and seeing my children. Only it hasn't. Please don't get me wrong I love my children deeply, but u still don't wan to be here!!!!
    So you see, I feel totally helpless.

I've even started to do things I shouldn't do, for instance arranging to meet up with other men because it is a distraction from reality, for a brief time I can be somebody else ๐Ÿ˜’
    Kind regards
    Ju
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you for replying WhisperOfTheHeart

I have been trying to make steps,
    I have been on Sertraline for the past 2years

Have you found this helpful at any point? I know that medication can start off working and after a while they can stop working. I know I was taking anti-depressants and after 2 years they'd stopped working. Do you think you could book a GP appointment and discuss your current medication with them? This could really help you I think!

and have been going to counselling

How has counselling been for you? Has it helped you in any way? Have you spoken to your counsellor about how you're feeling now? Truthfully where you are at? I know that's tough, but it's helpful for most people? Sometimes people are just not getting anything from counselling anymore and that is ok. Sometimes people need more counselling or different types of counselling - and that's okay too!
    On top of this I have made lifestyle changes hoping this would help

What sorts of lifestyle changes have you been making if you don't mind me asking? I think it's helpful to have other ideas as back ups just in case :)
    I was a stay at home mum and my husband worked full time as a chef. He has now gone part time, working 3 nights a week and I work 5 days 9-1.30 and 1 night 6-12. All this was because I thought it would make me a appreciate coming home and seeing my children. Only it hasn't. Please don't get me wrong I love my children deeply, but u still don't wan to be here!!!!
    So you see, I feel totally helpless.

It sounds like you've done so many things, not just recently, but over a long time now to get things moving, to pick yourself up a bit and to really try and help yourself. Help self is vital as you know and you're doing your best given your current circumstances. It's a lot for you to cope with and it's okay to allow yourself to feel these things. They're not nice, but you will get there. You're not hopeless, or helpless and we are here for you to try and get you back on track a little. We're not professionals but through a lot of personal experiences i'm sure a lot of us will be able to help you in one way or another.
    I've even started to do things I shouldn't do, for instance arranging to meet up with other men because it is a distraction from reality, for a brief time I can be somebody else ๐Ÿ˜’
    Kind regards
    Ju

I think it's important for you to really have a think about the things you shouldn't do. I personally think you're getting yourself into sticky situations and ultimately you know these things are going to cause more harm than good. Maybe think about things that you can do instead that will get you into a happier place, a healthier place and a place where you feel a little more stable. I know you're not alone in these feelings at all, so please try not to feel alone in these thoughts and feeings, we are here for you. I'm sorry things are so tough for you at the moment, but they're momentary and things can, and will get better with hard work and determination <3 *hug*