Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tae Bo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok has anybody done tae bo or do it on a regular basis? if so how long before you noticed any weight loss or toning>
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I tried it once, because my girlfriend at the time begged me to go with her. It's okay, but if you want to lose weight and tone a better idea might doing the eliptical runner or stairmaster. I know that an hour on the eliptical runner can burn up to 1000 calories and works the hell out of your leg muscles.
    I did the eliptical this morning for 35 minutes and burned 650 calories. I don't think tae-bo is that intense.

Of course, if you like it, then by all means keep on doing it. It is probably more fun than standing on a machine.
  • Options
    Yeah, I did it for about 9 months at my last gym, and didn't realise how much it kept the weight off until the gym closed down and I went to another gym that didn't have the class - I put on an extra stone or so, but thankfully they have started doing Tae-Bo and I hope to be losing the weight very soon....

also, try using the eliptical runner and cross trainer, and if you can get to a spinning class - they're great for fat burning too....

snoogens
  • Options
    Whats an eliptical thingy?
  • Options
    Originally posted by buglove:
    <STRONG>Whats an eliptical thingy?</STRONG>

It's a cardio machine kind of like a stairmaster except instead of moving your feet straight up and down it moves them in ovals. Kind of like running except theres resistance the whole way through the oval shaped path. Very good for burning calories.