Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Freshers week flirting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys, :thumb:

My friend went off to University a couple of weeks ago and he's in a relationship with someone back home. It got me thinking about relationships at University when you're both in different places.

What happens if you meet someone during Freshers week? Everyone's out for a good time and you never know who you might meet! Should you walk away if you find someone you fancy, or be honest and talk to your boyfriend/girlfriend back home? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    I agree Whowhere, it's not good to cheat on someone and honesty is the best way!
  • Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    I agree cheating is never the best route. I wonder where the line is though - Is it OK to have a bit of a flirt as long as you know you're not going to take it any further? Or would that be betraying your boyfriend/girlfriend back home?
  • Options
    I think having a flirt is ok as long as you know it won't go any further. But then what do you consider to be flirting? I guess some people would say that flirting could even be talking to someone of the opposite sex (if they were super insecure)?
  • Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Tamsinjo wrote: »
    I think having a flirt is ok as long as you know it won't go any further. But then what do you consider to be flirting? I guess some people would say that flirting could even be talking to someone of the opposite sex (if they were super insecure)?

That's interesting Tamsinjo, so flirting could be in the eye of the beholder? Do you think there could be a more objective (or shared) definition of what's flirting, or is it mainly down to how your partner (or the person you're flirting with!) feels?