Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Struggling with depression

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just totally stripped of everything right now. It seems like the only thing that makes me feel okay is either drugs or alcohol or self harm. I am so lost.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Lily,

I am really sorry you're struggling so much at the moment. Do you have anyone to chat things through with at the moment? I'm glad you have us here. Have you felt like this in the past? If so, have their been things that have helped you? I hope you feel able to open up about how you're feeling here so that we can support you through this *hug*
  • Options
    *hug* want to echo what rach said people here if you want to open up a bit more about these feelings, its always hard when things seem to be against you but people do care and are wanting to help :) And what rach said about people being there sums up the rest x
  • Options
    Hey lily,

I don't really have anything helpful to say but I wanted to let you know I'm here if you need me and to offer you hugs. *hug*
    I know things aren't the easiest for you right now and I'm so proud of you for still fighting through everything.
    Keep reaching out on here if you need to, I'm only a message away :heart:
  • Options
    Thank you everyone <3

I do have people that I can talk things through with but it doesn't seem to be helping at the minute. To be honest, I feel so low I can't ever see myself coming out of this, I'm sure there's people here that understand that. I've felt like this before but I don't know how the hell I got out of it, I guess I never did properly.
  • Options
    Hey lily

Sorry to hear you're struggling and feeling very low but life can get better as you said you've done it before so you can definately do it again. It may be hard but it'll be worth coming through the other end again.

Can I ask do you have any professional support at all? As it may help to access it at the moment to gain the best support possible.

Sending hugs your way x
  • Options
    Thanks BlondieLiz.

I don't have any professional support at the minute and I keep asking at the doctors but they just send me away with the samaritans helpline number, anti-depressants and instructions to start exercise like zumba classes which is not the support that I feel I need at the moment. I'm back there again soon so I'm determined to make them listen to me.
  • Options
    Keep trying lovely :) good luck when you go back tell them what you want and what you think will help you in the meanwhile!x