Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tommy's Insight Meeting for Young Mums and Mums to be

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Tommy's have sent us comprehensive details of an event they have coming up on 23rd July - all contact details etc are below. Feel free to share with your friends too :)

Who is Tommy’s?

Tommy’s is a baby charity that funds research into helping babies be born healthy. They also provide pregnancy health information for parents to be. Tommy's believes every parent has the right to a healthy pregnancy and baby.

How does Tommy’s support young mums-to-be?

Each year in England around 30,000 young women under the age of twenty will give birth. Tommy’s Teenage Pregnancy Health campaign aims to develop information specifically meeting the needs of pregnant teenagers. The Young Woman's Guide to Pregnancy was designed and written in partnership with young mothers. It provides helpful tips and advice for pregnant teenagers regarding antenatal care, exercising while pregnant, foods to avoid, giving birth and much more. We believe that if young mums-to-be can start off happy and confident and informed, this can form a strong foundation from which their young families can thrive – and the benefits of that are huge!

Why is Tommy’s convening an insight meeting of young mums and mums-to-be?

Tommy’s is keen to understand how it can better support young mums and mums-to-be. Specifically, it would like to understand how it can best present the Young Woman’s Guide to Pregnancy online and understand more about the most valuable areas of this publication to young prospective mums whilst at the same time gaining insights into the language used when searching for pregnancy support and guidance. To do this, Tommy’s is inviting a small group of young mums and mums-to-be to offer their insights.

The session will be led by an agency called Red Door Communications, who are helping Tommy’s look at the information they provide for young pregnant women on having a healthy pregnancy. Staff from Tommy’s will also be there. It will be informal and there are no right or wrong answers.

When is the insight meeting?
2pm to 4 pm, 23 July 2014

Where is the insight meeting?

Tommy’s
Nicholas House
3 Laurence Pountney Hill
London
EC4R 0B

Can I bring my child with me?

Please feel free to bring your baby if that is easier for you. The venue is child friendly.
What should I do to participate?

If you are aged under 20 and are either pregnant or have had a baby in the last 18 months we’d love to hear from you. Please contact Jacqui Clinton via email JClinton@tommys.org, or telephone 020 7398 3409.

We will ask you to review the Young Woman’s Guide to Pregnancy, so that you are able to participate in discussions during the insights meeting.

Tommy’s is pleased to offer participants High Street vouchers to the value of £30 and reimburse your travel to and from the meeting. Refreshments will also be provided during the meeting.

Who can I contact for more information?

If you would like any further information, please contact Jacqui Clinton via email JClinton@tommys.org, or telephone 020 7398 3409.

We really appreciate your time, insight and support in helping us help young mums and their babies – thank you!

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Ooh my nephew did a splashathon for Tommys, when he did water babies. :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "